WHEELER POWER PRODUCTS.....THE GREAT AMERICAN LOOSERS

Old 10-03-2011, 05:42 PM
fordchevchrysler
APPRENTICE

Default WHEELER POWER PRODUCTS.....THE GREAT AMERICAN LOOSERS

This posting is about the success story of 1 man against WHEELER POWER PRODUCTS.
Pete and Jackie Wheeler tried to ripp me off with an engine. 5 months later i have my money back and have had WHEELERS succesfully suspended from EBAY.
Who is laughing now Wheeler.I suspect that the FBI will soon be banging on your door too.
If WHEELER is still advertising here,stay well away from them..!
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.........GOOD WILL ALWAYS CONQUER EVIL

SHAME ON YOU PETE and JACKIE WHEELER
Old 10-04-2011, 04:30 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Care to give more details? How did they try to rip you off?
Old 10-09-2011, 06:35 AM
fordchevchrysler
APPRENTICE

Sure
Paid for engine which they promised in about 6 weeks. Then told me 8 to 10. After 21 weeks of excuses i got my money back.
Wheeler spends more effort trying to screw people than just supplying what they advertise.
If he spent the time ordering parts that he spends making excuses he would have built the engine in 3 weeks like any normal reputable establishment would.
Anyway its good that he isn't on EBAY anymore and it appears he isnt here either.
So i like to post and let people know about this creep so that they dont pay cash and get screwed, because then they cant bachcharge on credit or have any other protection
Old 10-09-2011, 03:46 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks for the heads up so others might not go through what you did.
Glad to hear you got your money back.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Amen. Good news...
Old 10-14-2011, 09:45 PM
dw
APPRENTICE

Wheeler has someone on eBay posting his engines for him...a company Hardcore Horsepower out of Murfreesboro Tn is advertising Wheeler engines.

They call the Wheeler block the "Gladiator CR" BBC block

go on eBay and search race engines...

also look up item# 200646670440... i am looking for a BBC for my car and saw this ad...then i remembered reading something about Wheeler in the RJ Scammer forum

is this the same guy?

dw
Old 10-15-2011, 03:09 PM
fordchevchrysler
APPRENTICE

Default WHEELER POWER PRODUCTS

Ok
I had a look and YES it is a wheeler block and most other parts as well. I can't comment on the other engine items but i suspect that because he hasn;t listed the item product names. ie.....scat 4340, eagle 4340 , Mahle etc that they are wheelers chinese knock offs. There are plenty of other reviews about wheelers engines destroying themselves on there first outing.
Send the guy a email and ask for brand names of ALL the components.
If any of the items are PROCOMP or WHEELER. Stay fare fare away.
Also beware of the SCAM where you have 45 days to raise a dispute if you buy with ebay or paypal. After 45 days they really dont want to know you. If there is any mention from the EBAY seller that it is " a custom item"......STAY FARE AWAY. The reason being that EBAY/PAYPAL state they dont cover custom built items.
After 45 days the add disappears . Where i beat wheeler was i copy and pasted his add in a email which said DART BLOCK,DART PRO1 HEADS,JESSEL etc etc.
A guy named REID Robertson replied stating yes , they are the components as advertised. I think he got sacked soon after as he isnt there anymore.
Wheelers ploy is to offer excuses to push you past the 45 days.Also to lie about engine and internals.I see in the small print at hardcore that there is a 4-12 week build time.( after 21 weeks of excuses i went after wheeler)I would take take my money elswhere if i was you. It isnt worth the drama.
Maybe let the guy at hardcore be aware of all the wheeler issues posted on the web.I am happy to send you copies of my purchase reciepts,dates for proof of wheelers scams
Old 10-15-2011, 05:50 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default engine builders..... general statements JMO

I have had 5 motors built in the last 6 years. 1 sbc and 4 BBC's. The general statements I am comfotable with putting on this forum( that I can back up) is this, all of them have not come in on time, as per the builders time frame. 2 of them lasted less than 50 miles, 2 of them did not have the internal components that I was told they had (lower grade). 1 of them was better than expected as far quickness/speed and power. The rest were under the expected power.1 of the motor failures was a verified fautly part, so I did not "hold that against the motor builder" All the builders I have used are reputable well known builders. I have paid cash or check to all of them as I promised in the time frame I promised. All of them did not return calls/emails in a timely fashion. JMO. Most have told me the delays were based on poor quality from suppliers, vacations, unexcepted employee issues, things came out their control, etc.
What I have learned:
1.How much you pay does not always mean better/lesser quality or honesty or on time delivery
2.If you are told 3 weeks, good possibly it will be 6 weeks or better.
3.Keep in contact with them and follow up, be persistent even after not getting return calls/emails.
4. always be honest with the builders, do not make stuff up but if you have an issue bring it to their attention, also pay them properly. I feel this gives the customer the "strength" to be strong with their "concerns".
5.I know this is all basic info, but it has been my experiences
Jeff 708-308-0282
Old 10-16-2011, 03:17 AM
fordchevchrysler
APPRENTICE

1 out of 5 hey.
Thats a no brainer which builder you will go back too.
Are you implying ALL engine builders are crooks?
Old 11-22-2011, 06:40 PM
dw
APPRENTICE

Default Wheeler back on RJ

I just noticed today that Wheeler has several ad running for engines again...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -