Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much nitrous

how much nitrous

i have a 331 sbc in a 72 vega... is running consistent 11:70... what kind of nitrous... and how much would i need to go into the 10;90... THANKS IN ADVANCE... CAVEMAN :? :? :?

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    a 100HP kit might get you there.....didn't know there's different types of nitrous :shock:

what i ment was the nozzel type or the base plate.... sorry i know VERY little about nitrous... the stuff kind of scares me ... but every body is using it .. when hp is low...thanks...caveman :? :? :?

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    500 shot is guaranteed to get you there :shock: :shock: :shock: ....hahahaha Bring a bucket for the parts in case i am wrong...

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    well, your not looking for much help,with the nos. so a plate system is all your going to need,it's the cheapest way to get nos.do not be scared,I've seen some real dumb a**s use nos.just don't try to go real lean;and melt down.

thanks 72... it is very close i have more info on the car in carb and fuel system... under "got the vega running"... it is just " a thing for me to get into the "10"s.... car runs good but maybe a small "shot" will put me there.... thanks caveman... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by ajk
    500 shot is guaranteed to get you there :shock: :shock: :shock: ....hahahaha Bring a bucket for the parts in case i am wrong...
    lmao

well went to the dyno to day... we got 298.7 hp on the dyno.... at 30 on the timing... made more hp by only 9... running 38.... so vang sugested that we run a hotter plug and 32 timing.... car will be dead on then... thanks caveman :lol: :lol: :lol: .... also a 50 shot of nitrous will make a big differance!!!!!!!!!!!

yep.. but now its gonna be a long drive to Mokan,,

Member CRAFTSMAN

re:

[/quote]yep.. but now its gonna be a long drive to Mokan,,

Sunday Sunday Sunday @ mokan dragway. It's been 16 years since I heard the name mokan.
    This wouldn't have happened if only you had been paying attention!

11. Racing Junk