THIS is why society has deteriorated.......

Old 09-22-2011, 07:02 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default THIS is why society has deteriorated.......

....we never TALK to each other face to face........

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/09/20...-conversation/

-----------------
Old 09-23-2011, 05:57 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

im ol sckool i hate texting.i get on all my friends about them doing it.i tell the kids around me you dont like to read so why in the hell do you text each other. anwser.. bored
Old 09-23-2011, 08:28 AM
EXPERT BUILDER

If ya talk on the phone, you are still not face to face!
It's not like I text them when they are in the room with me.
Sorry, but I like texting, I don't have to drop what I am doing and grab the phone. I simply respond when I can. Also don't have to have pen and paper to write down stuff, it is already on my phone when they send it. My employees and I use it every day!! JMO
Old 09-23-2011, 02:55 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by 482
If ya talk on the phone, you are still not face to face!
It's not like I text them when they are in the room with me.
Sorry, but I like texting, I don't have to drop what I am doing and grab the phone. I simply respond when I can. Also don't have to have pen and paper to write down stuff, it is already on my phone when they send it. My employees and I use it every day!! JMO
X2.....THIS
Old 09-23-2011, 06:16 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Granted that todays business climate benefits GREATLY from modern technologies. What I'm sayin' is folks don't even have ANY social skills anymore due to 'modern technologies'. I'd MUCH rather talk on a phone to someone as voice inflections can tell a LOT about who and what. The world will never return to 'the good old days of living simply, unless Armageddon takes place.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:43 PM
EXPERT BUILDER

YEP, them good ol days are gone!!
I guess a person has to get up and run or get run over now a days.
Just think, these are the good ol days to the kids now, they just don't know it yet :shock:
Old 09-25-2011, 06:21 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

the good ol days!!!! i am starting to live in the good ol days.i dont like the world of today. cell phones, 10 yrs ago well maybe 15 not that many had them. now they have people believing they cant live without them.video games, hell even this computer we use. technogly has taken over our world and there is no going back. my 6 yr old grandaughter can operate my satalite tv crap better than me. i can change channels thats about it. but she can stop live tv and rewind and all the other things this set up can do.not me.i miss my 8 tracks and cassettes and even pong!but my daily driver is a 62 galaxie 352 ,gets about 10 miles to the gal. has a fm radio and a hidden cassette player.its big uses gas and its not green. i love it. i still wear my hair long and listen only to CLASSIC rock. when the hell did my late 60s and early 70s rock turn into classic lol. best thing that could happen to me is go to bed in 2011 and wake in in the 70s. i wouldnt even try to get back.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:39 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I X2 THAT for sure.........