Hey Scooter...

Old 09-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default Hey Scooter...

Isnt this the same guy you were complaining about at one time?

http://www.racingjunk.com/Radical-St...2-Camaro-.html

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 09-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Yep, that is one of them. sometimes it is Jack 454 or "Jacky 427"... the guy had me blocked. Pictures are ALWAYS a hood-up shot, just the front, never the side or back of the car... never anything that would make the actual OWNER of the car at the car show know it was advertised by someone else. This one is interesting though- it is priced way high & the name is slightly different. His pics are always outdoor car-shows.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Kind of like these ads?
http://www.racingjunk.com/C3-1968-19...nvertible.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/C3-1968-19...nvertible.html

http://ec2-174-129-36-83.compute-1.a...o-SS-396-.html

http://www.racingjunk.com/Radical-St...amaro-468.html

I see them all week, post up for a day or two and then take them down. Lots of Corvettes and Camaros

Old 09-20-2011, 01:55 PM
KnoxvilleTrader
CRAFTSMAN

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Yep, that is one of them. sometimes it is Jack 454 or "Jacky 427"... the guy had me blocked. Pictures are ALWAYS a hood-up shot, just the front, never the side or back of the car... never anything that would make the actual OWNER of the car at the car show know it was advertised by someone else. This one is interesting though- it is priced way high & the name is slightly different. His pics are always outdoor car-shows.

SO IS THIS GUY A SCAMMER OR ?? I WAS ACTUALLY KIND OF INTERESTED in this car.. i messaged him, but havent heard anything back as of yet...
** why would someone post pics of a car for sale, when they didnt own the car ?? makes no sense.??
unless they are trying to get you to send them money.. im not the most experienced, please explain, as i am still learning everyday about scammers and other idiots out there.. thank you
Old 10-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry for the late reply on this... been busy @ work lately,.

To answer your question... I don't know. I contacted these yahoos on some of the Chevelles & so on.... very rare I ever got a response. When I did, "the car was gone, but they had another one like it for less".... always a run-around. I am telling you, I have looked at many of them & they are always @ an out-door car show, hood up, incorrectly described, never a license plate or side shot pic of the car. Weird.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:40 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Scoot-

I agree its a scam. I posted a link and the text on some traditional auto scams and this is in line with it. Tom made it a sticky because the info seemed useful.

Your instincts are right on point.

BTW Good to see you around

Scorp
Old 10-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Good to hear from ya too Scorp-

I understand it is probably a scam now... but when i was aggressively looking at cars for 13K & less, it got me really fired up w/ all the games!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

The couple I sent messages to would always say that car sold but they have another one just like it. I got that reply about 10 times. When they figured out that I was digging, they started blocking my messages. I dont know if its some kind of "bait & switch" or what :?:

Old 10-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Ya Harb, I think you are correct... even if it is to divert attention to a less desirable car they may really have... either way, it sucks peoples time. 'Sons a bi__hes.... be honest or go back under a rock. I wanted a 69 Chevelle they had & the money was burning up my pocket. Oh well, at least I didn't get caught up in a bad deal in the end.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Back to the top Jack454... I see you have another owners car listed as a 70 Chevelle "SS 540" for 15,500... what a buy. Typical hood up, only front side, no license plate.... SHAME ON YOU FOR POSTING OTHER PEOPLES CARS....

Built 1970 Chevelle Super Sport street or strip, Moser 12 bolt with Moroso 410 posi, hd axles, Wilwood disc brakes over sized sloted rotors, built Merlin 540 with aluminum heads estimated horse power 650 billet splayed main caps, Lunati crank & rods, JE pistons 10-1 compression, ported heads & intake, Competion cams roller cam lift is 675, SS Comp cams roller lifters and stud gridle, Hooker 2.1/8 coated headers with Max flow exhaust to the rear, Hotchkis trail arms and Aarms, Monster custom built 400 with 3600 stall convertor, has stock SS bucket seat interior, cowl induction hood, comes with extra set of drag wheels & tires (slicks), runs 10.38 in the 1/4 mile, no rust ever car had frame off done previously awsome on the streetHere