Who makes these front drag struts?

Old 08-30-2011, 06:52 PM
rlolley
SHOW GUEST

Default Who makes these front drag struts?

Trying to identify the drag struts on my tube chassis car, the only markings I can find are the letters "PS" casted on the strut base. Obviously, I didn't build this front end, I may like to replace just the strut itself and I can't figure out who made them. they could be 8 or 9 years old according to the chassis cert on the cage. A google search comes up with only one possible "PS" part number, the Penske Pro Race Strut. Anyone have a clue as to who "PS" is?
Old 08-31-2011, 03:01 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Pro star? you should not try too hard to find an exact duplicate if what you have is not rebuildable. Most all struts are rebuildable regardless of manufacturer, and if they are not, replace them with current technology whenever possible. Strange makes a good product for the money and are very common. Replacing the strut and not the lower control arm joints and ball joint is a bad idea weather you replace the strut or rebuild it Robert. Think of it as regular maint.
Bruce