Koleno blocks

Old 08-23-2011, 01:06 PM
belk472
SHOW GUEST

Default Koleno blocks

Has anyone used one of the new koleno bb mopar blocks. It is time for an aftermarket block and I would like some input on what is out there and how they stand up. I have 4.5 inch stroke 540 with B1 heads that made 880 hp in a stock 440 block. I will reuse this rotating assembly.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:09 AM
Dahlton
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

I have a Koleno RB block and by the looks of it it is really a good block! I have not used it yet it will aslo be 540cid 4.5"bore 4.25" stroke. crower crank BME pistons and rods B1 or Predator heads tunnelram with dual dominators. have to get the predators home and test fitted. the guy I bought them from did not know if they were for hemi or wedge bolt pattern... so IF they are Hemi bolt pattern I'll buy a Koleno Hemi block since I'm convinced that Kolenos products are good and Marty&Steve are real friendly.
There is no doubt that the block is bad since there are koleno blocked BBM over 1000hp out there.

IMO BUY IT!
Old 08-25-2011, 06:05 AM
belk472
SHOW GUEST

Thanks, it's about time someone built a good block that will handle some hp. When I put my engine on the dyno I knew it would not live a long happy life at that kind of power output. It made almost 300 passes and cracked the block from #1 cylinder through the #2 main and into #3 cylinder. The party was over and it is time to move on with a good block.