SCHAM ALERT/DOWN UNDER AND PAY PALS DISREGUARD

Old 08-22-2011, 10:30 AM
MIKETHEANIMAL
SHOW GUEST

Default SCHAM ALERT/DOWN UNDER AND PAY PALS DISREGUARD

i posted an ad for my 53 the other day . sure enough i got a bite the second day!
this guy john cooper wants to but the 53 for his dad!
every thing was done thru emal . he was insistant that i signed up for pay pal . i personally don't trust any pay company . but i registered with them and sent off 2 invoices for the amount of the car . he sends me back an email that the payment was made but pay pal is holding uit until he recives the payment for the shipper???as follows

I have just made the payments now and i expect paypal to have emailed by now,check your paypal email address if you have been messaged yet, i sent $14,550 in all, paypal said they would be holding the funds because of the excess payments of $950 added meant for pick up commission fee and due to the fact that i emailed them about the excess payment i made, until they get the western union information from you.i will need you to send the $950 to my pick up agent Headquarters via western union money transfer(this can be done from the post office, as they usually have a western union agent there) or do it via western union online, i added extra $100 to cover the western union charges which shouldn't be more that $60-80 but just to be sure i added $100, Here is my pick up agent Headquarter info needed to get the money sent through western union money transfer:

Kate James,
15 Copperfield street, London,W1W 7SA.
UK.

Please kindly email the necessary details to paypal :the mtcn which you will be given at the western union after the $950 has been sent as well as the sender's name and address used to send the money through western union, so that i can forward it to paypal or better still you can email it to paypal directly,that is fine with me as well for the money i sent to be credited into your account after they might have receive the information they needed to release the whole money in your account. I will need your address where it will be picked up,and my pickup agent will contact you after they have received the payments in order to book a time for the pick up to be done.
Regards

AS FAR AS PAYPAL I CALLED THEIR SCHAM DEPARTMENT AND THEY SAID THAT THEY HAVE NO WAY TO DETECT THESE THINGS ??? I QUESTIONED THAT THE EMAIL ADRESS WAS ACCEPTED BY THEM AND THE GAL SAID ACC TO THEIR RECORDS IT WAS BLANKED OUT???
SO MY NEXT QUESTION WAS WHY WAS I NOT NOTIFIED OF THIS PROBLEM WITH THE EMAIL ADRESS FROM THIS PERSON. SHE SAID THAT THEY DIDN'T NEED TO LET US KNOW ????
IF I UNDERSTAND THIS PAY PAL THING , THEY ALLOW ACCEPTANCE OF A BOGUS EMAIL ADDRESS AND ALLOWED ME TO SEND AN INVOICE TO THAT ADRESS AND DIDN'T QUESTION THAT THEY WERE NOT A MEMBER BUT ACCEPTED THEM LIKE THEY WERE , IT SOUNDS MORE LIKE SOMEONE IN PAYPAL EMPLOYMENT IS A SCHAMER AND USING IT TO CHARM PEOPLE WITH THEIR SCHAM .

I MAY BE 54 BUT THEIR MISTAKE WAS NOT CARING ABOUT THE CONDITION OF THE CAR AND WHAT ITEMS CAME WITH IT!!
A DIE HARD DODGE LOVER WOULD ASK UNLIMITED QUESTIONS AND THIS ONE DID NOT!!

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 9:25 AM, John cooper <[email protected]> wrote:
this my paypal account [email protected]
THESE ARE THE 2 ADRESS THEY USED

THANKS MIKE THE ANIMAL :twisted:
Old 08-22-2011, 08:38 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Yeppers a typical 'dazzle 'em with details, LOTS of details', scam. They make it all very convoluted and complex but forget to ask any questions about your 'item for sale'.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 08-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Go to the Scammer Forum; Paypal is held in similar regard to the scammers that stink up the web. Here is the link:

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=16792

Red alert words, Western Union, and Paypal. See them both together; run. See Western Union and probably run. See Paypal and understand that dealing with them is the same as selling your soul to Satan.

Ebay makes you use Paypal for most purchases and Paypal reserves the right to enter your account and remove and or freeze your payments at their discretion.

But at least for Paypal you can talk to their Computers or "Howard" in their overseas call center. Yak.

Don't you love progress? Its all about new and improved ways to take your hard earned cash.

Scorp