Selling Parts

Old 08-20-2011, 06:35 AM
et7333
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Selling Parts

Man is it hard to sell parts now,whether used or new.You guys had any luck selling or is it just this economy?

http://stevecoxracing.com
Old 08-20-2011, 07:03 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default ?

Heres what I can OFFER?
I'll take them Parts,send all you Info and I'll get the $$ out RIGHT Away,......................................?,,,... ..........................?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,........ ?
9 out of 10 Deals that are SUPPOSE to Happen?The Mail Lady must be Hiding all the MONEY Orders?
I Preferr Pay-Pal for that Reason!Although,I have sent 2 request on P/Pal in the Last 2-weeks that Have LEFT the PLANET,........?
WHY,do these AZZHOLES waste My Time,????????
Later
G :?
Old 08-20-2011, 09:37 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

When I list something FOR SALE, that means I want to sell it. I am tired of the trade offers. If it was FOR TRADE then the ad would say accpets trades. Seems more and more people are just trying to trade off the stuff they have tried to sell and can't.

The other thing is all the dealers that have popped up on here. People look at prices and not quality. They get what they pay for and I understand that but it's hard when you got quality pieces trying to compete with some junk Chinese stuff.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:11 PM
edspring1
APPRENTICE

Hey folks, Just ran across this post and not that its worth anything but heres my 2 cents.
Its all the above and more. Liquid cash is tight everywhere, economy suxs, the good stuff is just way too expensive to start with so the potential seller just can't give it away at Pro Comp prices. And then unfornatually we get into the not so honest seller and buyer situations. I used to trust everyone. I used to be able to....LOL I can tell you over the past 2 years I have had more bad luck with so called 'perfect' used parts, getting the item I already paid for, and just outright scammed. Most folks are scared anymore to just jump out there and mail money to someone 5 states away that they don't even know. Lets all face it, the internet is not as honest as we would like for it to be. Its not just 2-3 particular sites. Its MOST sites clientel in general. The auction sites have been taken over by the large discount warehouses, the independent guy can't sell a used top line brand name item for anythiing more than 1/2 price because considering all the possible bad things that can and do happen. Most folks will pay the extra to get that same item new from a large well known business outlet. I have taken large a$$ whoopins on my stuff and decided to just keep it all local. Selling/Buying something on the net now a days is a very leary situation for most. Between the economy and dishonesty it's just a bad deal all a round. There ya have it.............MY 2 cents....LOL
Old 08-24-2011, 07:00 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default true that

Alot of good points brought up.........
Old 08-25-2011, 05:05 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Price and quality is everything .. if you have neither in the right spot, you'll have a hard time selling. Also other areas of the internet are good to sell items not just here.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:49 AM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Man i agree everyone and just sold a set of bbc nos je pistons (10) that i paid close to 1500.00 for and sold them for 600.00, gave them away. I had guys calling and mesg with trades and deals that were bs. One thing i thought that was funny is all the trades was stuff that is nickle and dime stuff that was worth more than mine and they didnt understand way i dont want to trade and if i paid shipping the deal is done :lol:

I have put many parts for sale and tell everyone i do a deal with if your not happy with the parts send them back and i will give you your money back. I have only had to do that one time and we both learned from it but it takes both sides and cool heads. All my deals bought and sold have been good and everyone i bouht from follows up to make sure i was satisfied and i do the same.

Good luck
Old 08-26-2011, 05:17 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Selling a MW aluminum housing, dropped the price $100 and offering to pay freight. I have had an individual tell me twice (8-11 and 8-14) that the money order is in the mail.
I'm glad I did not spend it before it arrived!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:00 AM
et7333
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by hammertime
Price and quality is everything .. if you have neither in the right spot, you'll have a hard time selling. Also other areas of the internet are good to sell items not just here.
What other websites do you use?