How do you keep from getting bored.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:34 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default How do you keep from getting bored.

How do you long term racers keep from getting bored with racing? I've seen racing at it's peak and now it pretty much sucks. Not many people racing or in the stands right now which means not much money to make. I've spent a ton of time and money to get where I am, but now getting bored. If things don't get better I'm gonna sell my ride and find another hobby. Problem with that is, my luck things will pick back up and I'll be watching instead of racing. If I were to sell my ride no way would I ever put that much money back into racing. Not in this economy and the idiots we have in Washington. (that's another subject).
Old 08-06-2011, 08:07 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Rabbit, sell the mud truck (if you can break even) and get into drag racing. Pretty good bucks all across the country. Our track (Twin Cities) just reopened with new owners after a 2010 shut down. there's been a $2,000.00 race a $5,000.00 race and this weekend another $2,000.00 race in the span of 6 weeks. Most tracks pay $1,000.00 per weekend, but the compitation is tough, and you don't have to be the fastest/big dog at the track too win.

JMO

Zip.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Wabb: What??? Come on, mud is in your blood. Here are your options otherwise:

Maybe sell out & do Karaoke or something... you could make some good money there. You could be like a white Flaava/Flaave dude... You digg Wabb??

-OR- You could bu the "Blue Demon" 72/Chevelle for 85K & be a drag legend for the rest of your life... no more funds needed... you could even beat Zip in that car.

Last: Undercover Ji-had counter-terrorism dude. Complete with robe, tunic, AK-47/auto, gold chains, & a Black Mercedes, you could do some serious bidding... you would be called "Rabb~iieet"... awesome career opportunity.

I say get out of mud racing & go with #3 option. I want to see you wear the tunic anyways. Scoot
Old 08-09-2011, 08:32 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Wabb: What??? Come on, mud is in your blood. Here are your options otherwise:

Maybe sell out & do Karaoke or something... you could make some good money there. You could be like a white Flaava/Flaave dude... You digg Wabb??

-OR- You could bu the "Blue Demon" 72/Chevelle for 85K & be a drag legend for the rest of your life... no more funds needed... you could even beat Zip in that car.

Last: Undercover Ji-had counter-terrorism dude. Complete with robe, tunic, AK-47/auto, gold chains, & a Black Mercedes, you could do some serious bidding... you would be called "Rabb~iieet"... awesome career opportunity.

I say get out of mud racing & go with #3 option. I want to see you wear the tunic anyways. Scoot
LMAO, yep, buy that 85K Chevelle, and bring it on, i'm ready for it.

Zip.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:17 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

rabbit, things will get better when the economy gets better(when ever the hell that happens) my ride is on ice for the season due to the bad economy, the belt is pulled tight here just to stay afloat, Im not alone , nor are you....hang in there!!....Im looking forward to better times.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:14 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I go at things so hard I get burnt out on a hobby then change to something else. That's nothing new for me, but I kinda think it's time to either stick one out or sell out and put the money in the bank. Problem with that is I'll get bored if I don't have something to do :?

Yep, mud racing is in my blood and I do still love it. I've watched it peak in the early 2000's and it's down (in my area) to next to nothing right now. Other places were behind us, and they're peaking now. There are many reason's it's died and I blame a lot of it on the racers themself for not working together to organize it more.

Zip to answer your idea. I'd really like to drag race. If I had a place to race like you guys I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd sell my roller and come play with you guys tomorrow. I do have two tracks within an hr of my house, but you gotta take a body guard and 3 guys to watch your trailer while your on the strip or all your tools and generator will be gone when you come back. Grudge race and win, go ahead and pull the AK 47 out (the one I'd buy from Scooter) on the way down the return road.
A big part of why we mud race is everbody's friends and help each other out. We're not just race friends we're friends off the track too, but like I said before a lot of guys have had to quit.

I agree the economy is a big part. I guess I just need to sit back and let Mr. Obama get us out of this slump that we're in. I'm just not sure if I'll live long enough for him to do it. That's another topic.

Thanks for letting me vent a little guys!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Okay... in all seriousness... JMO... I think we are just moments away (or maybe now) from a stall-speed in our economy like an airplane stalls & can't move forward. Next, inflation will come due to stall speed & debt ceiling, tax increases keep coming, etc... kind of like the Carter days when interest rates & inflation went up. My dad went from a millionaire to less-than-broke... BK. All eggs in the Real estate basket was a bad bet I guess. This econ makes for one hell of a slow resto on my 68 Chevelle. Luckily, SBC's are cheap & I can go slow. Other than that, I like to use humor & God to combat our CRAP economy & the craziness in Washington. I don't mean to minimize anyone's concern about this issue... especially Wabb. It's tough out there boyz. I have thought about selling my Chevelle about 5 times in the last month... but she is too near & dear to my heart. hang in there & keep diggin. Scoot
Old 08-10-2011, 03:51 PM
EXPERT BUILDER

Rabbit, even if you were never going to race again, would you really want to try and sell right now?
I would think you would take a beating on your stuff in this market! Even if you could sell it. I have noticed a lot of good cars still for sale. JMO
(not including the high dollar chevelle)
Old 08-10-2011, 06:11 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

BUT--then i have seen some very nice cars sell for a high price around here this year 8)

The same amount of money, just someone else has it and you have to go after them :wink:

i know !!! we can all get together and pass the plate and buy you out with our gathering amoung us--SHOULD BE ABOUT --$1234.67 MAYBE ops: :?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:14 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
I go at things so hard I get burnt out on a hobby then change to something else. That's nothing new for me, but I kinda think it's time to either stick one out or sell out and put the money in the bank. Problem with that is I'll get bored if I don't have something to do :?

Yep, mud racing is in my blood and I do still love it. I've watched it peak in the early 2000's and it's down (in my area) to next to nothing right now. Other places were behind us, and they're peaking now. There are many reason's it's died and I blame a lot of it on the racers themself for not working together to organize it more.

Zip to answer your idea. I'd really like to drag race. If I had a place to race like you guys I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd sell my roller and come play with you guys tomorrow. I do have two tracks within an hr of my house, but you gotta take a body guard and 3 guys to watch your trailer while your on the strip or all your tools and generator will be gone when you come back. Grudge race and win, go ahead and pull the AK 47 out (the one I'd buy from Scooter) on the way down the return road.
A big part of why we mud race is everbody's friends and help each other out. We're not just race friends we're friends off the track too, but like I said before a lot of guys have had to quit.

I agree the economy is a big part. I guess I just need to sit back and let Mr. Obama get us out of this slump that we're in. I'm just not sure if I'll live long enough for him to do it. That's another topic.

Thanks for letting me vent a little guys!
Rabbit, you and i know one another personally, from when you came over to Ms. in Oct. and you met a lot of my friends in Ms. at J. Smiths and at the track (Byhalia Ms.) and you saw how much we all care for one another, you saw no one mad at any one or anything except good people, win or lose and every body helps one another. I have a similar group of friends here in La. We're all family and would do anything to help our fellow racers. i'm surpriased the racers are not that way in your area. But i agree with most of the comments, it's a bad time to sell, so it's best to set it out for a while. Heck right now here in La. at Twin Cities we're racing for $2,000.00,$3,000,and even $5,000.oo per weekend. The track was closed for the 2010 season, now with new owners they are running it right and the racers are coming in groves. It's like a rebirth of a 45 yr. old track and everybody is loving it. You are in intelligent man and you'll figure it out i'm sure, even if you have to sit it out for a while.

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -