new to the racing world

Old 07-28-2011, 05:22 PM
mouse737
SHOW GUEST

Default new to the racing world

hi every one,
my names josh im getting out of the army in aug 2012 and i'm 21 and i would love to get into top drag and have my kids in Jr dragsters since im soooooo new to this is want to know what i need to do to start (I know I need a car lol) and what to look for when buying or building in a car also anything like a school or anything to help me learn to race. Really would appreciate any and all help.

thank you and god bless
josh
Old 07-28-2011, 05:37 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Well welcome to Racing Junk and drag racing. It's a terrible addiction but not as bad as some :lol: . Well right now is a buyers market for a racecar. You can buy anywhere from turn key to a roller you can finish how you want it. It's a lot cheaper buying one that is done vs building one.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:45 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Thank you for your service, Josh !
Do a Google search for racing schools and you should find quite a few. A good school would be an excellent first step as you can get a great head start from the pros instead of 'learning and burning' on your own.
X2 on buying turnkey cars.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:40 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477
Well welcome to Racing Junk and drag racing. It's a terrible addition but not as bad as some :lol: . Well right now is a buyers market for a racecar. You can buy anywhere from turn key to a roller you can finish how you want it. It's a lot cheaper buying one that is done vs building one.
Agree but it not just a addition, once you get into it, it becomes an addiction, and i can assure your children will love it and it's the best family sport on the planet. i became addicted in 1956 and have never been sorry.

Zip.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:41 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by BEAST477
Well welcome to Racing Junk and drag racing. It's a terrible addition but not as bad as some :lol: . Well right now is a buyers market for a racecar. You can buy anywhere from turn key to a roller you can finish how you want it. It's a lot cheaper buying one that is done vs building one.
Agree but it not just a addition, once you get into it, it becomes an addiction, and i can assure your children will love it and it's the best family sport on the planet. i became addicted in 1956 and have never been sorry.

Zip.
ops: Thanks Zip, that's what I meant to say was addiction. I guess I didn't proof read it first. ops: