opinions on this

Old 07-20-2011, 06:52 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default opinions on this

Hey guys
I value your opinions (to be honest dont always agree but still value them)
Check out the 71 Chevelle I am selling ad # 2261096. Honestly a great deal. Here is my dilema, I was thinking about lowering the back end alot to change the stance, change the stripes/flames to chevelle rally stripes and putting a 4 in cowl hood (the carbs would still stick out)
This car is a steal and gets alot of looks, it runs great, paint and body are better than driver quality, runs on 93 octane, alum headed roller BBC, the back seat is eliminated and but the interior is very decent
Anyway not trying to advertise , just asking opinions,
let me know
Thanks Jeff M.
708-308-0282
Old 07-21-2011, 04:18 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Jeff,
I know you have had it for sale awhile. Maybe changing the look of the car would help?

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 07-21-2011, 05:17 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

I dont think the problem is the car...it's the economy, unless your willing to give a car away these days it's not going to sell. sad but it is the reality we live with these days.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:03 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default good advice

I like those thoughts, feeling the same way as above.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Jeff,

Good price. I do like the idea of bringing the back stance down if possible... it will really make a great difference/appeal. I think it is more than a fair price... I have looked at tons of Chevelles (I have one too). When you look at ad after ad, that car will stand out @ 13,500.00.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:04 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Thanks

Thanks, I might do it, Honest the car is right. I am having a hard time figuring out this economy.
I went to an annual local car show tonight, it got a boat load of attention, and I had two people ask me what was wrong with it, I told them nothing and both responded with why are you selling it so cheap ?
But neither bought it . One of them had a nova with a steel headed sbc sorta nice for 19 k ? The other guy told me he sold his chevelle (71)and it was not as nice for 15k 2 years ago, and it had a hurt BBC. I am truely confused
Thanks for the opinons
Jeff
Old 07-22-2011, 06:16 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Actually, guys, I think the stance is just about right. The reason it 'looks' excessively 'raked' is because of the 'fisheye' effect of taking the photo at a close range. Most point and shoot cameras use a wide angle lens(normal human eyes see at about a 50mm lens). If the photos of the side view were taken at a slightly more distance, the car would look great. Look at the 'wheel/upper wheel well' spacing on the front/rear and they are close to the same. The only added rake is due to the larger diameter rear tires. I've seen cars of the same quality with the rear air-shocked up and the tires sticking out past the body :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 07-22-2011, 06:54 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

FORD GUY OPINION !!!!!

I think the overall looks of the car are really good[can not really tell the color exactly]
The stance is good and the detailing looks really good also.
This is more old school street beast type of car with no back seat[but looks nice]

I think you might need to push your marketing to other spots [it sure won't hurt] it is a great looking car and can probably back it up ,too.--I HOPE !!
Try listing in car trader in ILLINOIS if you can[that covers alot of the central states] use pictures for sure[it cost more but is worth it]

i do not think your overpriced --i saw a 68 Chevelle sbc sell for 18,500 last week here in central ILL//then this week my freinds 68 pro street Falcon [unfinished interior] sold for 15,000--i do not believe there is less money out there you just need to find the right spot and it will sell.

My brother and i have some lively talks about this money deal but i keep showing him these cars selling and he does not know what to say except they were lucky.

DO NOT GIVE UP JUST SPREAD YOUR MARKETING TO A DIFFERENT AREA-ALOT OF TIMES IT HELPS !!! 8)
Old 07-23-2011, 09:31 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default thanks lively

You Ford guys are still cool,,, just playing !
I feel the same way about another market place I will try, the paint is a bright yellow and in the sun looks like a very slight amount of a pearl, it is really a great car especially at that money, but your right: right place : right time: right buyer : right money: timing etc, If the car does not sell I may throw a few things at it just to "shuffle the deck" a little, another market place maybe the next step ?
See ya guys
stay safe
Jeff M.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:09 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default check out the ad # 2234802

If you guys want to see what my car may look like down a bit and with a cowl hood check out 2234802
also this car is nice check out the price, I hope this guys sells this car, got it in favorites

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -