pontiac

Old 06-30-2011, 12:32 PM
bsbober
APPRENTICE

Default pontiac

Anyone out there have some ideas about improving HP on a 76/350 f/bird w/2 brl,dual ex, auto???? Biggest bang for the least bucks of course. Down the road I should come across a deal on a 400 or something! I just want to get by w/what I have if poss. Thanks
Old 06-30-2011, 12:34 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

just swapping the cam and putting a 4 barrel carb & intake on it will see a big gain for little money...... :wink:
Old 07-01-2011, 06:25 AM
bsbober
APPRENTICE

Default heads?

That sounds good! Approx what hp. would be gained?? Just a guess! Would more be gained by taking heads off and have them redone while doing the rest of this???And be worth the added cost??
Old 07-01-2011, 07:03 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Any performance gain will depend GREATLY upon the condition of the base engine. Good compression/leakdown readings.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:47 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: heads?

Originally Posted by bsbober
That sounds good! Approx what hp. would be gained?? Just a guess! Would more be gained by taking heads off and have them redone while doing the rest of this???And be worth the added cost??
Speed cost money, how fast do you want to go?
Old 07-03-2011, 04:57 AM
bsbober
APPRENTICE

Default $

If I get to a certain point of the upgrade and couple hundred more would make a big diff ,then I'm up for it !! For right now I'm not able to talk thousands $$$ I'm only looking for a few more Hp.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:11 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: $

Originally Posted by bsbober
If I get to a certain point of the upgrade and couple hundred more would make a big diff ,then I'm up for it !! For right now I'm not able to talk thousands $$$ I'm only looking for a few more Hp.
like i said... you cant go wrong with a mild cam and 4 barrel carb/manifold and and a set off headers if you dont already have them.....
Old 07-03-2011, 06:55 AM
bsbober
APPRENTICE

Default headers

Thanks for the input ! The cam and carb sounds doable but the headers are a diff story. All the headers I've looked at so far indicates that one of the bolts have to be drilled and tapped for installation. I have the orig.manifolds w/dual flow-mstr now so would headers make a big improvement over this set-up?? If I need to drill/tap a bolt on the heads for headers, should I have something done w/heads?
Old 08-09-2011, 05:32 AM
bsbober
APPRENTICE

Default carb/intake swap?

HI ALL: I just put a new topic on about what intake and such I should go with as I have found a good carb and would like any info that I could get on swapping 2 for 4 brl. Thanks!!