Thread: pontiac

Junior Member APPRENTICE

pontiac

Anyone out there have some ideas about improving HP on a 76/350 f/bird w/2 brl,dual ex, auto???? Biggest bang for the least bucks of course. Down the road I should come across a deal on a 400 or something! I just want to get by w/what I have if poss. Thanks

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    just swapping the cam and putting a 4 barrel carb & intake on it will see a big gain for little money...... :wink:
    GOOD PARTS AREN'T CHEAP AND CHEAP PARTS ARE NEVER GOOD.........
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lastscan-3.jpg

Junior Member APPRENTICE

heads?

That sounds good! Approx what hp. would be gained?? Just a guess! Would more be gained by taking heads off and have them redone while doing the rest of this???And be worth the added cost??

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar

Any performance gain will depend GREATLY upon the condition of the base engine. Good compression/leakdown readings.
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE oldandtired's Avatar

Re: heads?

Quote Originally Posted by bsbober
    That sounds good! Approx what hp. would be gained?? Just a guess! Would more be gained by taking heads off and have them redone while doing the rest of this???And be worth the added cost??
    Speed cost money, how fast do you want to go?
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Junior Member APPRENTICE

$

If I get to a certain point of the upgrade and couple hundred more would make a big diff ,then I'm up for it !! For right now I'm not able to talk thousands $$$ I'm only looking for a few more Hp.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: $

Quote Originally Posted by bsbober
    If I get to a certain point of the upgrade and couple hundred more would make a big diff ,then I'm up for it !! For right now I'm not able to talk thousands $$$ I'm only looking for a few more Hp.
    like i said... you cant go wrong with a mild cam and 4 barrel carb/manifold and and a set off headers if you dont already have them.....
    GOOD PARTS AREN'T CHEAP AND CHEAP PARTS ARE NEVER GOOD.........
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lastscan-3.jpg

Junior Member APPRENTICE

headers

Thanks for the input ! The cam and carb sounds doable but the headers are a diff story. All the headers I've looked at so far indicates that one of the bolts have to be drilled and tapped for installation. I have the orig.manifolds w/dual flow-mstr now so would headers make a big improvement over this set-up?? If I need to drill/tap a bolt on the heads for headers, should I have something done w/heads?

Junior Member APPRENTICE

carb/intake swap?

HI ALL: I just put a new topic on about what intake and such I should go with as I have found a good carb and would like any info that I could get on swapping 2 for 4 brl. Thanks!!

10. Racing Junk