Thread: pro comp?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

pro comp?

anyone use their eletric water pumps? my car has been running hot since i started using one and i noticed its not really flow any real volume of water(far cry from high volume as they claim..let alone not even close to what a stocker would) it just seems to trickle out the rad tubes with no real pressure at all :? i noticed that the ports are tiny as hell compared to the block ports...but figured they did their homework and this was normal but not sure now......
    GOOD PARTS AREN'T CHEAP AND CHEAP PARTS ARE NEVER GOOD.........
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lastscan-3.jpg

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

Re: pro comp?

Quote Originally Posted by fast75vega
    anyone use their eletric water pumps? my car has been running hot since i started using one and i noticed its not really flow any real volume of water(far cry from high volume as they claim..let alone not even close to what a stocker would) it just seems to trickle out the rad tubes with no real pressure at all :? i noticed that the ports are tiny as hell compared to the block ports...but figured they did their homework and this was normal but not sure now......
    MAYBE NOT ENOUGH GPM OR YOUR RAD. COULD BE CLOGGED,U SHOULD USE A LITTLE BIT OF ANTIFREEZE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO STOP CORROSION.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFF69Z28
    MAYBE NOT ENOUGH GPM OR YOUR RAD. COULD BE CLOGGED,U SHOULD USE A LITTLE BIT OF ANTIFREEZE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO STOP CORROSION.
    the pump and rad are only a few months old and i do run a water wetter that helps with corrosion. my brother has the same car and setup... except his pump is a dedenbear pump... and he never runs no hotter then 180 after his pass. i never had an issue till this pump.... i know im getting a ton of voltage draw too :?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Time to send it back as high voltage draw says bad electrical issues internally.
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

I've sold a few of these with no issues, in fact David/hammertime has been running one on his dragster for a while with no issues either. Have you checked the voltage at the pump to make sure you're getting 12 volts, if so you could have a bad pump. I don't know how long you have had it, but who ever you bought it from should warentee it, i know i would if it's bad and i sold it, Pro Comp will also.

Zip.

Quote Originally Posted by zipper06
    I've sold a few of these with no issues, in fact David/hammertime has been running one on his dragster for a while with no issues either. Have you checked the voltage at the pump to make sure you're getting 12 volts, if so you could have a bad pump. I don't know how long you have had it, but who ever you bought it from should warentee it, i know i would if it's bad and i sold it, Pro Comp will also.

Zip.
    i bought it from pro comps ebay store.... about 6 months ago :wink:

I would suggest you contact them and tell them when you bought it but just now put it on the car since you were building it. i wouldn't tell them it's been in service for 6 mos. because it obviuosly hasn't been. i assume you have proof of purchase, maybe even the original box it came in. I'm almost certain they will replace it for you, but you may have to pay shipping 1 way on the new one and they will give you a free shipping # to return the one you have. I would suggest you call them direct instead of trying to deal with the Ebay store, because a different person handles returns and and the Ebay store. Call and ask for tech or return service and tell them the problem. I can tell you they donot like bad press. It may take a little while to get the right person, but a 100.00 plus dollars makes it worth the effort.

Zip.

Did you get the water pump issue sorted out? I was just curious to find out in case it was something other than a faulty pump so that others could benefit from the info. If it just a case of a pump running slow due to voltage drop a relay is a cheap/easy fix to solve a voltage drop issue.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln