alky shut off cable

Old 06-23-2011, 04:57 PM
dartsteve
JOURNEYMAN

Default alky shut off cable

I was hoping to get some advice on where to install shut off
In drivers compartment. 72 Dart door car.
Also what us better making a lever or using a t-handle.
Pics of yours would be great.
Also chute lever locations also.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:03 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Cable

My S/Off Cable is mounted to the Dash bar,just used a peice of Alu.and drilled a 3/8 hole for the Cable to go thru.Just make sure you can reach it when Belted in!
Chute Cable is just a Double C/Moly Bracket welded to the Upper Funny Car cage,w.a 8"Arm for the reales Cable.You can buy a Chute Cable w/Arm,and mt.it in thw center hole so it Pivots and hook Cable w/a clevis.
Hope that HELPS!
Later
G 8)
Old 06-23-2011, 08:37 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

My fuel shutoff is mounted to the top front halo bar, within easy reach, it's a simple mount looks a lot like a choke cable. I used to have a push pull PTO cable, mount one the down bar i hated it. The one i have you can just slap it and the fuel is off, much safer and quicker. I can post a pic. if you want to see the mounting.

Zip.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:38 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Not trying to steal the post, but do you guys push or pull your chute handles? I pull but I like Zippers idea of slapping at it.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:10 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by oldandtired
Not trying to steal the post, but do you guys push or pull your chute handles? I pull but I like Zippers idea of slapping at it.
Dave i don't have a chute on the Malibu (it's not fast enough) but on my other car with the Chute, i mounted a similar Alum. handle behind the shifter, useing a choke cable, and it was a simple matter to just push it forward to release the chute, no feeling for the loop ring or T'handle or reaching overhead, never failed.

Zip.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:43 PM
dartsteve
JOURNEYMAN

i was sitting in the car today and was thinking about mounting the fuel shut off to the drivers door x brace it will be out of the way and easy to grab with left hand. still cant decide on t handle or lever. im leaning to the the chute on the right of shifter.
thanks for the input