Thread: alky shut off cable

Member JOURNEYMAN

alky shut off cable

I was hoping to get some advice on where to install shut off
    In drivers compartment. 72 Dart door car.
    Also what us better making a lever or using a t-handle.
    Pics of yours would be great.
    Also chute lever locations also.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Cable

My S/Off Cable is mounted to the Dash bar,just used a peice of Alu.and drilled a 3/8 hole for the Cable to go thru.Just make sure you can reach it when Belted in!
    Chute Cable is just a Double C/Moly Bracket welded to the Upper Funny Car cage,w.a 8"Arm for the reales Cable.You can buy a Chute Cable w/Arm,and mt.it in thw center hole so it Pivots and hook Cable w/a clevis.
    Hope that HELPS!
    Later
    G 8)

My fuel shutoff is mounted to the top front halo bar, within easy reach, it's a simple mount looks a lot like a choke cable. I used to have a push pull PTO cable, mount one the down bar i hated it. The one i have you can just slap it and the fuel is off, much safer and quicker. I can post a pic. if you want to see the mounting.

Zip.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE oldandtired's Avatar
    Not trying to steal the post, but do you guys push or pull your chute handles? I pull but I like Zippers idea of slapping at it.
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by oldandtired
    Not trying to steal the post, but do you guys push or pull your chute handles? I pull but I like Zippers idea of slapping at it.
    Dave i don't have a chute on the Malibu (it's not fast enough) but on my other car with the Chute, i mounted a similar Alum. handle behind the shifter, useing a choke cable, and it was a simple matter to just push it forward to release the chute, no feeling for the loop ring or T'handle or reaching overhead, never failed.

Zip.

Member JOURNEYMAN
    i was sitting in the car today and was thinking about mounting the fuel shut off to the drivers door x brace it will be out of the way and easy to grab with left hand. still cant decide on t handle or lever. im leaning to the the chute on the right of shifter.
    thanks for the input