Cal-Trac help

Old 05-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Birddog95
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Cal-Trac help

Having some issues with planting the tires on my 64 Belvedere. I have a blown BBD Belvedere (street car) that I started taking to the track. I'm running 28X9 hoosiers and the car was blowing the tires off 50' out from the start line. Since then, I put 90/10 shocks in the front, moved the bars to the top hole and adjusted the QA1 single adjustables to 5 from softest. It hooks OK and pulls the front tires 3" then proceeds to bounce them to 660' mark :roll: Basketball is fun but not with a car. What can I do to get the front end to lift and set the front down and stay down? When I had it in the lower hole, it didn't really seem to hit the tires hard enough and the back end seemed to float. The car weighs 4000lbs and am running 14 lbs in the tires (any lower and the back end dangerously floats). Any suggestions would be appriciated. Thanks!
FYI, Last weekend we ran a 10.83 at 128 MPH at 4200' with 4 lbs boost :wink:
Old 08-26-2011, 08:20 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

I run in a street class full of caltracs.All those guys will tell you: Call the company for advice.I'm sure you can get plenty of great suggestions on here,but nobody knows more about caltracs than the guys who invented 'em.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:22 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Also,if your rear suspension is too soft it will cause it to bounce like that.Could need stiffer shock setting OR more spring rate.There is no one-size -fits-all. Trial and error my good man!
Old 09-02-2011, 12:54 PM
bhrsavage
SHOW GUEST

Olds 48 is right. As a friend of mine told me, every time you change something it's an experiment.