Thread: Shipping MD3 Nose

Shipping MD3 Nose

I have a brand new MD3 nose and have been quoted by UPS that it will cost me $175 to ship it from NC to PA. They say the the size of the package 60x24x12 warrants a weight of 135 lb. when it is only 20 lb. Any suggestions on how to ship this at a reasonable cost?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    Try fedex at work we have dropped ups for this very reason and have went with fedex.

Mark
    Head's up the true drag race!!

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER

Shipping

Yes fedex is a little more reasonable but because of the size its still going to cost. I had a guy ship me some fenders for my nova thru fedex from PA to Fla and waight didnt matter it was the size. I was told anything over 60" was another price. They said it falls under bulk rate maybe thats way so much. The guy i bought the finders from told me 30.00 and went to ship with ups and was told 225.00, ended up 120.00 with fedex and had them in three days.

Good luck!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    i know of people that ship via grey hound and they say its cheap ive never done so so dont take it as gospel this just what people on other sites say they do
    CRIMEDOG
    Sam Wood