Watch out for hughgregory03 aka Greg VanWinkle

Old 04-30-2011, 07:10 AM
VETTESTINGRAY
SHOW GUEST

Default Watch out for hughgregory03 aka Greg VanWinkle

I spoke to Greg Vanwinkle on the phone and agreed on a price for his 1934 Cabriolet. I told him I would fly out the next weekend and pay for the car and pick it up. I made non refundable plane reservations for me and my buddy, hotel reservations, rental car, and transport to pick up the car. I called him a couple of days later and requested a copy of the title for insurance and for the transport. He said he would fax it to me. He never did. I called him repeatedly and left messages for him to call me back. He never did. I even sent a registered letter overnight just incase he had lost his phone or somesthing and didn't have my phone number (benefit of the doubt). He did finally call once and I was not able to answer the phone and he left a message to call him with a phone number that blocked you if you didn't have a code to get through. Of course, he didn't leave a code to get through. I am now out over $1000- and don't know what the scoop is. Obsiously, he is not MAN ENOUGH to call me and tell me. Soemthing here is very fishy, though, and I suggest you be extremely careful if you choose to deal with this lowlife.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:24 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

was the seller on RJ?? add #####??? INFO/////??????? :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 04-30-2011, 07:27 AM
VETTESTINGRAY
SHOW GUEST

Yes, he has 2 ads on racing junk right now. The cabriolet is Ad #2185016 Posted:2011-04-17 07:37:11
Old 04-30-2011, 07:33 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

sent him a message--will see if he answers or not 8)

LIVELY
Old 04-30-2011, 08:22 AM
VETTESTINGRAY
SHOW GUEST

Thanks. I appreciate it. He hasn't responded to any of the messages I have left him. I even had a friend call him on another number so see if he would answer, and he didn't. It will be intersted in see if he responds to you.