what happened to the pricing???? nice ads with no price ?

Old 04-23-2011, 11:05 PM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default what happened to the pricing???? nice ads with no price ?

are we getting there again with sellers pricing ? we had a forum on this once and it got better? WHAT HAPPENED? dont we list to sell or are we displaying our stuff? are afraid to put a price? even if a buyer feels its too high it will give information so we can atleast consider it. as i see it... if no price i pass it by, or sometimes figure it is overpriced so i done even click on the ad! i just wonder how many sales are LOST for not pricing? are others passing by ads with no price? i have never seen a store\ market that sells items without pricing them? dont bash me i am just wondering why items $$$$$$$$$$$FOR SALE$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ DONT HAVE A PRICE? if you are looking for offers or trades we need to atleast have an ideal price so a buyer will know if he or she is in the ball park? i have see people upset when a buyer offers a price and the seller thinks he is low balled. if i am 'alone' with my observation thats fine too. my average camaro is listed for average price and ill take offers but i bet it would be passed by if i had no price, thinking i want too much! and --- maybe i do --- but i have a price to get us started!!! LOL
Old 04-24-2011, 03:59 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

I think too may people watch too much tv and they see all these people selling cars and parts for outrageous sums. They think they have the only part or car like that and they want premium prices. But, then they realize that if they put that price on the item, no one will even look. If you don't put a price, I don't look. Or the ones that put $1.00 are the biggest idiots. They think because the ad says $1.00 you'll look and buy their junk for the ridiculous asking price. If you are not negotiable, then say it in the ad. It doesn't cost you by the word, so explain yourself. JMO.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:19 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I agree no price i move on :!: I do know that moparts.com will boot your add if you don't put a price :!: :!:

Mark
Old 04-24-2011, 07:28 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I agree, no price and I just move on. The few I have inquired on the people want stupid money for it. I believe RJ should make listing a price a requirement.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 04-24-2011, 11:07 AM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default agree

no price no ad but getting a fair price may be an issue!!!! LOL
Old 04-24-2011, 06:45 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

another good one is trades welcome but trade value more.
when post an ad ill put it for more than i want but gives negotiating room so i dont screw myself and buyer feels they got a deal cause they got it cheaper then what i "wanted" and everyone wins in my opinion
Old 04-25-2011, 04:55 AM
grimratter
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
another good one is trades welcome but trade value more.
when post an ad ill put it for more than i want but gives negotiating room so i dont screw myself and buyer feels they got a deal cause they got it cheaper then what i "wanted" and everyone wins in my opinion
OK everyone, here is a PRIME example of why some sellers say "Trade value HIGHER".
Some sellers raise their price "HIGHER" than they want, thinking that the buyer will try to talk them down, and then they get the price they REALLY wanted!
Here's an example:
I list a decent 1967 Mustang fastback realistically priced at $15,000. A seller on RJ has listed a nice 1964 Falcon that might be worth around $10,000, but he raised his price HIGHER to $15,000 thinking that someone will try to talk him down. He see's my ad for $15,000 and right away he's emailing wanting to do an even trade.
This happens all of the time!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:31 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I do understand what you are saying about no price on car's and parts

But on the same hand i do have a couple of ad's with no price and the reason for that is the manufacture has what they call map pricing so the seller can not advertise it any lower than they retail it for other wise you will loose your WD pricing .

And i have had the mfg call me about this because other dealers reported me to them.

It is a catch 22 although i own the product bought and paid for i can not use there name to advertise the part at the price i am selling it for or i can not list the price i am selling it for .

The mfg wants you to sell it at the same price as them .

I try to keep the price's as low as Possible and still make a living and give the customer a deal but some time's things stand in our way and when you spend 10 to 20 k to become a wd dealer you also have to go by there rules .

i know it is aggravating to see a ad with no price or the mfg name of the product some time's it is worth the call and ask a few questions.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Ron is right on the money on that comment. I work for a manufacturer that enforces MAP. Our dealers do not go below that unless there is a good reason. We have "in-store sales only" too... no internet/EBay. From a manufacturers standpoint, it keeps small dealers from whoring out the product & devaluing the name & the price. This also avoids "price wars" between dealers who get very territorial about making money. Guess who they complain to if if a competitor/dealer goes below MAP?? they complain to the manufacturer & raise hell. Ron is spot on... but MAP is a long term goal so everyone makes money & this way people don't set up shops in their garages & give all their buddy's deals... which KILLS the small legitimate buisness owner who has REAL OVERHEAD. Support your local speed shop- if they pay the overhead, we should help them.

On the other hand, if it is a car for sale w/ no price, I don't even look at the thing... they seem to proud of it to me. JMO
Old 04-27-2011, 06:33 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default posting pricing

I put a price on 99% of my ads, but on garage sale ads I put 1.00 in the main ad and pricing in the description. I am guilty of not putting a price in when I see a car that is (in my opinion) overpriced or has no price in the ad, and I am interested in a trade, I do usually remove that ad, a little later. But honestly guys, some of the pricing of some of these cars have gone crazy, I realize it is getting warmer and I realize things maybe getiing better, but (imo) cars pricing has gone nuts. I will confess when I see these prices I will jack mine current ad to 19k, But between you and me 13.6 K buys my 71 chevelle SS 454 clone alum headed roller BBC auto 9in etc etc car see ya
jeff 708-308-0282

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -