Thread: QA1 Double adjustable shocks for rear

QA1 Double adjustable shocks for rear

I have installed a pair on my drag car and looking for a starting ponit....Car is a 70 nova with 540 aprox 800 hp and around 3400 lbs with driver...ladder bar setup, transbrake...rear weighs 1740#..i have 170# springs...if anyone is running these shocks any help appreciated..thanks

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    Since nobody has replied yet. I run the same shocks. Personally I think the 170lb springs are too stiff. My truck is 2,800lbs and even the 150lb springs unload the rear after about 100' feet. (I'm over 1,220hp.) I run 110's.
    But to answer your question a lot depends how hard you launch. I would start with compression and rebound half way and go from there. Every vehicle is different so it's gonna be trial and error for a few passes.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    X2 on the springs being too heavy, my car weighs 3250 lbs with a 4 link setup, and i run 130 lb springs with the QA1's. I don't remember the scaled rear weight, but it was somewhere near your's, with a sm/blk in my car.

JMO

Zip.