Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: what to do to get rid of my regulator on my 69 camaro.

  1. #1

    what to do to get rid of my regulator on my 69 camaro.

    does anyone know what i have to do to get rid of my voltage regulator on my 69 camaro?is that something that i can just bypass.thanks for the help. :?

  2. #2
    Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Rifle Colorado
    You'll need to put an internally regulated alternator on it and modify the wiring. I think that the horn relay and other battery feeds use the regulator as a junction box on 69 Camaro's, so you'd need to account for that as well.......


  3. #3
    Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Kill 2 birds with one stone. Buy a 1 wire alternator and upgrade at the same time to a 120 or 140 amp unit. They can bolt right in, no mods to wiring, only connect the battery wire and secure the voltage regulator wiring, do not remove the extra wires so that you can always go back to original. Only thing is most 1 wire alternators may not trigger the charging lamp.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Copyright © 2005-2016 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy