Nova steering

Old 02-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

Default Nova steering

I am looking for the bearing that goes on the steering shaft when you remove the spring plate. It is for a 74 nova with tilt wheel. I can not locate one of these bearings . Anybody have an idea where I can find one I have tried Year one and places like that to no results. I saw it in there diagram but there was no part#.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:58 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

if you have the brg. out you can take it to a old school parts house. if they have anyone worth anything they can mic it and look in their brg. book and find a brg. atleast we used to be able to do it. i dont know of many ol timers left in the parts bus.i got a guy i used to work with that is aces when it comes to brg. hes found some i didnt even try to find.and i was good but hes better. im out of the parts bus. now but i still use him to find crap i cant.if no one will help you send me the measurements and give them to him. maybe he can come up with a part number.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:40 AM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Nova

Have you tried taking it to an industrial bearing supply company like Motion Industries that sells to factories in your area?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:38 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

I tried the local bearing company and they told me the could not get that bearing. I was able to find one this past weekend that I could order it should be here in a few days. Thanks for the help.