View Poll Results: aluminum rods in a street motor??

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • not street worthy

7 36.84%
  • street worthy

12 63.16%

Thread: street killer or time bomb?

Junior Member APPRENTICE

street killer or time bomb?

alright guys here we go i just took apart a 377 sbc splayed caps good light weight pistons all good parts and to my suprise it has aluminum rods in it now my question is or i guess statement is give me some input on aluminum rods for street use this is in my street car and when i say street car i mean i hit a dozen or so car shows a year and maybe the track a time or two small tire car glide 5k converter older superstock cam may even be a older superstock motor aluminum heads doesnt get hot i drove it alot last year not having any idea what was in the motor ran and drove great good street manners for a 276 @50 cam im tempted to have the rods checked n put em rt back in there they are venolias and evrything in the motor looked excelent give me some input please im kinda at a loss here

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I personally would not worry about Alum. rods on the street as long as the motor runs cool and the oil pressure stays up. I would run Alum rods on every motor i have if i didn't have to grind half the pan rails away, i luv them and my first set of Alum. rods was in 1964, that's right 47 yrs. ago.

JMO

Zip.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Rods?

IF it AINT Broke............................?
    BEAT It!
    I Think HEATCycle has alot to do with Alu.Rod Failure!
    Later
    G 8)

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE oldandtired's Avatar
    I have run aluminum rods on the street. I believe the key is a proper engine warm up before leaving home.
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke