8-71

Old 02-21-2011, 04:19 PM
gyellow88
SHOW GUEST

Default 8-71

Hey yall,

I have a question regarding my gm 8-71 blower! Im going to be running a 540 chevy with a custom grind blower cam(specs not known yet) and heads are unknown at the moment. I will be running on race fuel but if need to i may st it up for alky inj. Im looking to make 12-1300hp witht his setup and im assuming? i will have to run in upwards of 20pounds of boost to reach my hp numbers. my question is my blower doesnt have a snout or pulleys as of now so i was wondering if anyone knew what pulley setup i should purchase to obtain 20plus pounds of boost? Thank you very much!!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:10 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

your blower is to small for a 540 and 20 lbs of boost, let alone you stock gm blower is not going to make 20lbs. If its a old worn gm blower that ur using expect more like 8-12lbs. any snout will work a 4" is common for most cheaper intake locations. no matter what you will be over driving 10 to 15 percent it sounds like. get 8mm pulleys