If you had $10,000.00.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Goomba
MASTER BUILDER

Default If you had $10,000.00.

If you had $10,000.00 dollars to invest ,what business would you start?

Like power washing. or????
Old 02-20-2011, 05:40 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default smart money

if you want a busniess invest in something that you want to do not have to do. I would put it in the stock market currently looking good in some areas. Get someone you trust to help. good short term money. some of these pharacueticals are rolling . JMO
Old 02-20-2011, 06:56 PM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default If You

I went to my local EDWARD JONES investment consultant with $20,000 I had been given several years ago. He helped me set up a diversified portfolio. From then on I put 5-10% of my earnings into a 401 and then transferred to an IRA at Edward Jones when the company I worked for for 15 years went broke. I also put any extra money that came my way into that portfolio. If you do that early enough in your earning career, you may very well have enough to retire on no matter what the economy does.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:27 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: If You

Originally Posted by markdunlap
I went to my local EDWARD JONES investment consultant with $20,000 I had been given several years ago. He helped me set up a diversified portfolio. From then on I put 5-10% of my earnings into a 401 and then transferred to an IRA at Edward Jones when the company I worked for for 15 years went broke. I also put any extra money that came my way into that portfolio. If you do that early enough in your earning career, you may very well have enough to retire on no matter what the economy does.
I rolled my money from Great West to Edward Jones. I really like my agent, but Great West did a better job of making me money. But, all in all I've been pleased with 'em. They'll do automatic drafts out of an account every month and it is tax deductible at the end of the year too.
If you're more into saving it and not gambling with it have them invest a good bit of it into bonds.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

10K? I had to enroll in a recent class (Financial Peace University) with my wife pertaining to this subject; but have only been to 3 of 13 classes. From what little I do know, the goal is the best compound interest on that money over time...

I am no expert though... which is why I am in the class. It will be interesting to see what everyone has to say around here. It is like picking a race horse. Whatever you do, I hope you pick the right horse my friend.

We are cutting up credit cards & setting up our first "Emergency Only" mutual fund.... so I am a ways away from making a true investment beyond my 401K.

401K comes to mind however; as many employers match a percentage of funds as you probably know. Where I work, they match 50%. So if it were me, I would look at what would be better... 10K extra into 401K, tax free, w/a match, at whatever gain you get on top of that. Would you get that return in a IRA or mutual fund.... what would give you the most on your money? Good Luck!!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:01 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Dave Ramsey for President !!

"NO MORE STUPID TAXING" from DC !!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

LOL!!! I am off to my class tonight at 6:30 to listen to Dave R again... love it!
Old 02-21-2011, 05:03 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I second that Double D :!: :!:

Mark
Old 02-21-2011, 08:00 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

If every racer could go through Financial Peace University, we'd have more and faster racers to play with cuz they'd have more money to buy speed parts with !
Old 02-22-2011, 07:22 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD

If every racer could go through Financial Peace University, we'd have more and faster racers to play with cuz they'd have more money to buy speed parts with !
x2 Excellent seminar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -