Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you had $10,000.00.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

If you had $10,000.00.

If you had $10,000.00 dollars to invest ,what business would you start?

Like power washing. or????

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR bixblk's Avatar

smart money

if you want a busniess invest in something that you want to do not have to do. I would put it in the stock market currently looking good in some areas. Get someone you trust to help. good short term money. some of these pharacueticals are rolling . JMO

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

If You

I went to my local EDWARD JONES investment consultant with $20,000 I had been given several years ago. He helped me set up a diversified portfolio. From then on I put 5-10% of my earnings into a 401 and then transferred to an IRA at Edward Jones when the company I worked for for 15 years went broke. I also put any extra money that came my way into that portfolio. If you do that early enough in your earning career, you may very well have enough to retire on no matter what the economy does.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar

Re: If You

Quote Originally Posted by markdunlap
    I went to my local EDWARD JONES investment consultant with $20,000 I had been given several years ago. He helped me set up a diversified portfolio. From then on I put 5-10% of my earnings into a 401 and then transferred to an IRA at Edward Jones when the company I worked for for 15 years went broke. I also put any extra money that came my way into that portfolio. If you do that early enough in your earning career, you may very well have enough to retire on no matter what the economy does.
    I rolled my money from Great West to Edward Jones. I really like my agent, but Great West did a better job of making me money. But, all in all I've been pleased with 'em. They'll do automatic drafts out of an account every month and it is tax deductible at the end of the year too.
    If you're more into saving it and not gambling with it have them invest a good bit of it into bonds.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    10K? I had to enroll in a recent class (Financial Peace University) with my wife pertaining to this subject; but have only been to 3 of 13 classes. From what little I do know, the goal is the best compound interest on that money over time...

I am no expert though... which is why I am in the class. It will be interesting to see what everyone has to say around here. It is like picking a race horse. Whatever you do, I hope you pick the right horse my friend.

We are cutting up credit cards & setting up our first "Emergency Only" mutual fund.... so I am a ways away from making a true investment beyond my 401K.

401K comes to mind however; as many employers match a percentage of funds as you probably know. Where I work, they match 50%. So if it were me, I would look at what would be better... 10K extra into 401K, tax free, w/a match, at whatever gain you get on top of that. Would you get that return in a IRA or mutual fund.... what would give you the most on your money? Good Luck!!
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Dave Ramsey for President !!

"NO MORE STUPID TAXING" from DC !!
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    LOL!!! I am off to my class tonight at 6:30 to listen to Dave R again... love it!
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    I second that Double D :!: :!:

Mark
    Head's up the true drag race!!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar

If every racer could go through Financial Peace University, we'd have more and faster racers to play with cuz they'd have more money to buy speed parts with !
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE oldandtired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD

If every racer could go through Financial Peace University, we'd have more and faster racers to play with cuz they'd have more money to buy speed parts with !
    x2 Excellent seminar.
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke