Trying to sell a enclosed trailer any ideas?

Old 02-17-2011, 04:59 PM
race88
SHOW GUEST

Default Trying to sell a enclosed trailer any ideas?

I have been trying to sell my enclosed trailer and I think I have priced really really low, I talked with haulmark dealers and they said that if my trailer in its condition would be placed on there lot it would sell for around $16,500. I have it listed on here for $13,000 and all I get is a few people wanting to see pictures and thats it. Can anyone give me ideas on why and how I can sell my enclosed or have someone do a partial trade with me for a smaller enclosed??????
Old 02-17-2011, 05:04 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

What's your ad#. I'll take a look and see if I have any ideas.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:20 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

ADD #
Old 02-17-2011, 07:15 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

I think its Ad #2117912
Old 02-17-2011, 07:25 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Looks to be the ad ..

First thing that says why you may not be having any luck no pictures and very little details about it.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:28 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

When I was looking for a trailer and saw an ad with a picture that far away I always wondered what the seller was trying to hide. The more detail you can show the better. Then there is the trade value higher thing. The way I see it, you look at mine, I look at yours if both agree we trade.

Not trying to get under your skin but you asked and I just went through the buying end.

Curtis
Old 02-18-2011, 04:12 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

If an add doesn't have pics I don't even look. You need to add some pics. of the tires and of the inside. Several pics of the inside.

List what weight the axles are (GVWR is also ok)
Tire condition.
Deminsions of outside / inside and also rear door.
Any accessories you have in it.

As grumpy as some people are (and to lazy to respond to mssgs) if a buyer has many questions they want even bother asking.
When I was looking for a trailer I needed to know all the answers above. I sent several people questions and even listed them 1-5. You'd be supprised how many people would only answer some of the questions.
Needless to say I didn't buy from them.

Remember you can NOT have too much info listed about what you are selling. The more detail ( specs) you have the more professional your add is.

Your trailer is listed at a good price, but it is above what most guys want to pay for a trailer. I would like a 40' just like yours and I need the hitch adapter you have in the pic. (you didn't mention that in your add and you should), but can't pay that much for just a trailer. There are several (older, but) with living quarters for the same amount (or less)listed on RJ.
That would serve my needs better. You also have to remember people will pay way more from a dealer than they will from an individual.

It looks like a nice trailer and somebody looking for a new(er) trailer will buy it. Income tax is starting to come in so maybe that will help.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:56 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

a very good description is everything/ lots of pics / TRADE VALUE IS HIGHER MAKES ME NOT LOOK ANY FARTHER :!: / YES-- dealers always are ALOT higher :shock:

good luck 8)
Old 02-18-2011, 09:35 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

Yep,, when ever i see trade value higher,, i pass right on by,,
Old 02-18-2011, 09:45 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bigray
Yep,, when ever i see trade value higher,, i pass right on by,,
i hear ya on that.... why would some one trade something of higher value.......?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -