My Dad

Old 02-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Goomba
MASTER BUILDER

Default My Dad

My Dad is so bad. You walk out of the room and walk back in and he don't know who the hell I am. I know this may not be right, but I wish he would just pass so he don't suffer anymore. Just venting. :cry:
Old 02-17-2011, 03:31 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

SENT YOU A PM 8)
Old 02-17-2011, 08:08 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

may god have mercy on him brother, godspeed
Old 02-17-2011, 08:15 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Have patients with him, he's your dad ,love him & be thankful that he is still with you.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:22 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

It does not get an easier if you are dealing with Alzheimer. We went thru this with my grandfather. It is very tough. His Alzheimer's progressed rapidly. It hurts to see it because you realize that you are losing the person you had and it is being replaced by someone you don't know. What you have to remember is it that it is a disease. The things he may say are beyond his control. All you can do is love him and talk to him like normal. He will have moments he is clear. They do become far and few in between and that is tough. Wish there was more I could tell you that was positive but it is hard. You and the family have to stay positive.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:29 AM
Goomba
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by shawnp
It does not get an easier if you are dealing with Alzheimer. We went thru this with my grandfather. It is very tough. His Alzheimer's progressed rapidly. It hurts to see it because you realize that you are losing the person you had and it is being replaced by someone you don't know. What you have to remember is it that it is a disease. The things he may say are beyond his control. All you can do is love him and talk to him like normal. He will have moments he is clear. They do become far and few in between and that is tough. Wish there was more I could tell you that was positive but it is hard. You and the family have to stay positive.

Your all are right. I just feel so bad for him. Shawn the big point that you made is he is now someone I don't know. It is so weard. It just seems the more I pray for him the worse it gets.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:24 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

My great grandmother was a great woman, I watched the disease tear her apart in less than a years time. I realized the damage one day when I went to visit her, she asked how my Dad was (he had passed away 15 years before) and I told her Dad was dead. She broke down crying as if she had just found out. The nurse pulled me aside and told me to just play along from that day on because the emotional stress was something she shouldnt have to go through at that age. Now my great grandmothers nephew lives right across the street, I just found out 2 months ago that he was diagnosed with the disease and its coming on fast. I pray for you and yours. The disease is something that no body should have to ever deal with.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-18-2011, 04:37 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

It is just as frustrating for them as it is for you. When you look into their eyes, you can see the person that is inside but there will be that point where you can only see it as they will not be able to communicate what is there.

Goomba... it's rough brother. You are doing the right thing buy praying for him. What you need to know is that he is comfortable and not suffering with a disease that is full of physical pain or discomfort. The roles are reversed now. Treat him with the love and respect that he treated you with growing up. Be patient and strong.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:20 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Brother i know first hand what you are going thru both from working in the medical field and my Dad went thru the samething, Just be patient with him and love him while you have him :!: May God lay his Blessed hand on him and lay his hand on you to have patient's with him.

Mark
Old 02-19-2011, 04:39 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

I have also seen this up close. My prayers are with you.