mufflers

Old 02-17-2011, 06:37 AM
et7333
EXPERT BUILDER

Default mufflers

I currently use flowmasters bullet race mufflers on my 68 camaro bracket car.I would like to make it quieter and use these mufflers.My question is do you think if I added pipe from the end of the muffler and exit it right near the front of the slick on each side would this quiet it down?
Old 02-17-2011, 06:58 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

It'll quiet down INSIDE the car but be a tad noisier OUTSIDE as more pipe will make a megaphone effect. If you want OVERALL less noise, it all depends on the mufflers themselves.

------------
Old 02-17-2011, 07:02 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

it is not a good idea to dump the exhaust in front of the slicks--you know oil and spinning tires do not mix ops: ops:

things can happen--BE SAFE :lol:
ALSO- THE FARTHER BACK THE MUFFLERS THE QUIETER IT GETS--i learned that years ago on my street strip cars
Old 02-17-2011, 07:55 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

shop im working at we just put 3 1/2 inch pipes on a 70 monte and mufflers are in front of rear end and tail pipes after slicks ( was a manderal bent kit) with flow masters on it sounds good too