scook11 AKA Steve Cook

Old 02-12-2011, 10:29 PM
supernova65
JOURNEYMAN

Default scook11 AKA Steve Cook

Ad #2099884
http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...ree-jesel.html
I sent him a cashiers check for $570. He said his bank told him 2 week wait to clear it. I said OK no problem.
It's been over 3 weeks now and I've been getting suspicious excuses. The last of which was he didn't have my shipping address. It was on the envelope the check was in.
I called and got a female who said he was out and he'd call when he came back. No call back.
I sent him an e-mail tonight saying I wanted the shipping info by Monday night or proof of $570 coming back to me.
If he doesn't come through, I have the name and phone number of Tulsa prosecuting attny.
I got ripped off about 7 years ago by a scammer. I spent a few thousand to get back $600, but got the con man 5 years in the Penitentiary for Fed fraud. But I learned a few tricks on that one.
I'll let you know how this turns out.

David Clapp
Old 02-13-2011, 06:05 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

Hummm. i live just 30 miles north west of tulsa.. tell him if he dosnt have time or he is way to busy to ship them,, give them to me and i will ship them..but it does take 10 days for a casiers check to clear. so i wouldnt see why he wont ship them,, also post up his name and info,, i bet he races Tulsa and we will know who it is <<<
Old 02-13-2011, 09:17 AM
supernova65
JOURNEYMAN

Thanks BigRay.
He is Steve Cook.
2004 North Darlington Place, Tulsa, OK.
918 398 7349
The street he lives on consists of a number of older mostly run down houses. His is a grey 768 sq foot sitting on a 7000 sq foot lot with a small single car garage out back. Chain link fence surrounds the property.
Also at some point in time a business called "Cook Enterprises Mobil Home Service" was located at the address, although the phone number that was associated with this business is now listed to "Tomas Llamas" from a completely different address.
A friend of mine from Mounds Ok. asked about him on the TRP board, and one person answered that they thought he raced there in 2009.
I'm giving him tomorrow to show me a tracking number as proof as shipment, if it is not done, then I will employ every means at my disposal to collect and have him incarcerated.
I thank you and appreciate your offer and may take you up on it.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:56 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

not being picky BUT-- the add was posted 2011-01-30--which does not add up to OVER 3 WEEKS WAITNG--NOT UNLESS THE TIME SYSTEM HAS CHANGED--[IT IS NOW 2011-02-13] :shock: :shock:

MAYBE YOU ARE NOT COUNTING PROPERLY--I COULD BE WRONG BUT 13 DAYS IS NOT OVER 3 WEEKS!!! 8)
I WOULD CHECK ON A TRACKING # AND WAIT AWHILE LONGER BEFORE I LOOKED BAD IN FRONT OF A COURT ops: :cry:
Old 02-13-2011, 12:13 PM
supernova65
JOURNEYMAN

Yes I saw the date on the add. That is wrong. I messaged him on RacingJunk 1/16/11 to tell him I wanted them. Then I sent him the money two days later. Given US mail delivery I figure 2/3 days untill it was in his hands.
Anyway he acknowledged getting the check and also that the bank clearance time was up.
I just got off the phone with him after calling and hiding my ID. I've been calling all morning with ID shown and no one would pick up.
He said he's been real busy and apologized because he hasn't had time to ship. He promised to ship them tomorrow and send me tracking info.
Maybe he is truthful, we'll see tomorrow.
Funny thing about the ad date though. I can't explain that.
I clicked on the "Report the sale" button and get a message that the item has already been sold, yet I don't see anywhere on the ad page that mentions that it has been sold, and I can't leave any feedback.
Maybe the Admins. can come on board and explain how this is happening.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:23 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

see if the tracking # comes thru--if not come back and let us know :lol: :lol:
we is hungry :twisted: :twisted:
Old 02-13-2011, 05:36 PM
supernova65
JOURNEYMAN

LOL. Yes Sir I will. Hopefully I will report that everything is in order.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:37 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

hope it works out, but i tell ya what,, i will be in tulsa tomorrow, for a funeral, if he cant get to the post office, call me Ray Morris 918-694-9099 and i will go pick them up and send them to ya,, i have been on this forum for a long time,,and i make my honor payments, i am not a scammer trying to get your stuff, i am just trying to help., soo if you get him on the phone, let me know, and give me a call, i can swing by his place,,
Old 02-13-2011, 07:16 PM
supernova65
JOURNEYMAN

Thank You Ray, very nice of you. It's good to know, that sometimes when you question the overall goodness of mankind, there are still people of honor that will go out of their way to help a neighbor or complete stranger.
My hats off to you.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:02 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

your very welcome,, i had a deal go bad on me sometime back. and a guy in Florida went and picked it up for me, and shipped it to me,, i am telling ya, it is getting very hard to do any money order, or cashiers checks or ?? any mail stuff, you just never know if there gonna mail you your stuff, heck any more i just buy from Jegs or Summit,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -