Thread: big block help

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER

big block help

hi i am looking at buying a big block for my camaro and building it over time im looking for about 650 700 hp but i am wondering if a 2 bolt main is ok or if i should stick with a 4 bolt ive herd of people running 2 bolts with 600 hp before but my dad says that back in the day that for real hp builds they only used 4 bolts i looking to have about 13:1 with h.o retagular ports heads or maybe some aftermarket ones and if my budget aloows some aluminum heads with a BIG cam and a few other things any info would be great
    thanks logan

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    The two bolt block will be fine.I would run the ARP main bolts in it though.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    I've run Ford 460 with more hp without any problems, but I would get a 4 bolt if possible and I would run studs instead of bolts.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    If you can get a 4 bolt I would use it. But I would not be afraid of 650 to 700 hp on a 2 bolt. Make sure you use ARP studs on the 2 bolt.
    Competition Engines & Hardcore Engine Parts
    www.cnc-motorsports.com
    [email protected]

Member JOURNEYMAN
    I have run bbc 4-ever all 2-bolts NEVER lost one yet around the HP you are wanting to make ; use arp bolts or studs have line bore checked if you use studs & if money allows have it ck. any how should been fine I have a 482 I turn 7200 rpm WITH a good rotating assy :wink: that is my opinon & you know what they say about :lol:
    If your winning you are cheating; if you are not winning you are not cheating enought !!!

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    thanks for the info and re assuring me that a 2 bolt will be ok