broken rocker shaft

Old 02-06-2011, 06:39 AM
rsrsfishslayers
MASTER BUILDER

Default broken rocker shaft

I found what I thought was a good deal at the swap meet full set of roller rockers 1.5 for sbc (no name anywhere ) when I got them home I saw that one of the shafts was broken off. I have been trying to look for a replacment it is 9/16 round and 6in long with three holes can anyone help thank you
CPTRON :cry: :cry:
Old 02-06-2011, 08:46 AM
EXPERT BUILDER

Do you really want to run the other 15 ? :shock:
Old 02-06-2011, 12:11 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by 482
Do you really want to run the other 15 ? :shock:
kinda what i was thinking..... you never know if any others got metal fatigue and just didnt break yet. could be a very costly lesson..... :wink:
Old 02-06-2011, 12:52 PM
EXPERT BUILDER

Not trying to be Mr. Wizard, just I have a hard enough time using the proven stuff!
There is some things I would never buy used and that is one of them. But that is just me
Old 02-06-2011, 03:53 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

If you post a pic of them we might be able to identify what they are. :?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:32 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

not knocking anyone but I personally stay away from any used rotating parts,Cranks,rods,pistons cams/lifters,rockers stuff like that.... I will Buy used: Ring and Pinion's, Tranny's cause I would have it rebuilt anyway...TQ converters are a Big NO-NO.

One thing..I personally believe used parts should never be priced more then 50% of original cost of the part no matter how little its used...used is USED in my book.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Goomba
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by bjuice
not knocking anyone but I personally stay away from any used rotating parts,Cranks,rods,pistons cams/lifters,rockers stuff like that.... I will Buy used: Ring and Pinion's, Tranny's cause I would have it rebuilt anyway...TQ converters are a Big NO-NO.

One thing..I personally believe used parts should never be priced more then 50% of original cost of the part no matter how little its used...used is USED in my book.
Ok bjuice with that said. That Nova you got is used right? Hey I tried. :lol:
Old 02-07-2011, 04:23 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

yeah and its for Sale too .your Go-nads Big Enough to give it a try ???? lol

No joke I will sale it for 1/2 of whats in it...your not gonna believe it when I tell you...but ya gotta have Big nads for them little tire's in the mid 4's over 3,000 lbs.. @160MPH (1/8 MILE) 1.10 60'S . :P lol

Hell I just thought I was running fast at 5.60's on 15x33's...then they strapped me in that Outlaw car with 10 inch tires and turned both guns on.. :roll: :roll: ...still Get weak knee's thinking about the 1st time I let go of that button and both guns came on blazing....Dayyyyyyymmmmm

Old 02-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Goomba
MASTER BUILDER

No joke I will sale it for 1/2 of whats in it...your not gonna believe it when I tell you...but ya gotta have Big nads for them little tire's in the mid 4's over 3,000 lbs.. @160MPH (1/8 MILE) 1.10 60'S . :P lol

Hell I just thought I was running fast at 5.60's on 15x33's...then they strapped me in that Outlaw car with 10 inch tires and turned both guns on.. :roll: :roll: ...still Get weak knee's thinking about the 1st time I let go of that button and both guns came on blazing....Dayyyyyyymmmmm

I would have to have 2 diapers one for the car and one for me. :lol: I had a heart attack at the race track in 2007 and life flighted. And that was after 9's pass. :shock:
Old 02-07-2011, 05:35 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by tmasitto

I would have to have 2 diapers one for the car and one for me. :lol: I had a heart attack at the race track in 2007 and life flighted. And that was after 9's pass. :shock:

oh no !!!!...car has diaper...but you gotta stay out of this one..when we tested the car at Bradenton we held into it a little past the 1/8...little bit past the 660 mark we ran it and shut it down..came back and reviewed the race pack and we were running 184mph with a bunch if 1/4 track left...lol

Its been 154mph so far in 1/8 and that is Not pushing it and Very humid weather it would go 160mph same tune up...I am gonna give it a try in Atlanta this year and see if i can get A full 1/4 pass down the track....My goal would be to reach or exceed the 200mph mark....don't know... we will see how close we are with the tune up I have in it... I gotta a 28/32 on 1st hit with a 30/34 coming on 2 hundreds after...so the 1st hit is on off the tranny button and the other just as a come out. both are in real good and pullig hard way before 60 ft mark......its different I assure you...like someone pushing in on your chest.

Last year on the night runs I started losing clear vision of the track..I would come out of the hole really hard and when it started pulling hard it had a natual power vibration I call it and it would litterly cause me to blink out for a brief second...not all the way out just had to really focus on the track it was coming at me faster then I could register and at night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -