Rear coil overs

Old 02-01-2011, 03:36 PM
showbusiness
CRAFTSMAN

Default Rear coil overs

Just a question,have 2000 lb 750 h/p mudracer with a glide and 39.5 cuts that the right rear twists very bad.Have dbl. adj. qa1 shocks and the only way to control this is to install a 400 plus rate in the right rear.This is not normal for diff. spring rates to compensate is this or should i be looking into diff. shocks to help my problem. :? :?
Old 02-01-2011, 04:14 PM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

Does it have an anti roll bar on the rear suspension?

TS1955
Old 02-01-2011, 04:21 PM
showbusiness
CRAFTSMAN

Thanks , no i do not, that would help with this prob. ops:
Old 02-02-2011, 01:08 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Rear coil overs

Originally Posted by showbusiness
Just a question,have 2000 lb 750 h/p mudracer with a glide and 39.5 cuts that the right rear twists very bad.Have dbl. adj. qa1 shocks and the only way to control this is to install a 400 plus rate in the right rear.This is not normal for diff. spring rates to compensate is this or should i be looking into diff. shocks to help my problem. :? :?

I'm confused. What do you mean the right rear twist bad? You shouldn't be running more than a 110- 125lb on the back and the shocks set about in the middle. I as well as many other mud racers run the same shocks.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:09 PM
showbusiness
CRAFTSMAN

Thanks, What is happening is that when launching the body goes down on the right rear so to help this issue i have been stiffening the spring rates on the right to keep body level on rear thus keeping the left front from lifting too high.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:55 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by showbusiness
Thanks, What is happening is that when launching the body goes down on the right rear so to help this issue i have been stiffening the spring rates on the right to keep body level on rear thus keeping the left front from lifting too high.
An anti-roll bar would help, but something still doesn't sound right.
Can you post a video of it?
Old 02-03-2011, 04:54 PM
showbusiness
CRAFTSMAN

Hi,just think of sitting in your truck and the torque twist occurs when trans braking at 5-6000 ,what happens does b ody twist or do you shoot out straight and level ,best way to simulate with out video .Thanks
Old 02-03-2011, 05:40 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Anti Roll bar will help that, but leaving that hard hits the suspension to hard, blows the dirt out from under the tires and kills your time by more than a tenth. (in 200 feet).
Old 02-04-2011, 02:48 AM
showbusiness
CRAFTSMAN

Have a 3 link rear,4 link front ,is there a way to install a anti roll bar on this setup.The diff. is a dana 44 narrowed to approximately 44 in. flange to flange with 15 in. carbon fibres at 5 in. back spacing if this helps any ops:
Old 02-04-2011, 03:26 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

I am not a mud racer, and not sure how chassis react to mud, but is it possible there too much pre-load jacked into left front spring, puting more bite into your right rear, just thinking.