Thread: Think I got taken

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

Think I got taken

I bought a 23 T altered with aN IHRA 8.50 tag on it in the fall of 2009. The tag expires in may of this year so I had the local NHRA tech come to my shop to cert it. The complete chassis is only 099 wall and needs to be 118 to pass. Basicaly I need to replace the complete chassis now and I believe that someone passed this and shouldnt have. Now Im stuck with a car that isnt legal to race anywhere. The motor blew after a few weekends but thats racing, the PG tranny scattered and found out it was almost stock with a 6cyl converter in it. I know stuff brakes but this car turned out to be complete junk. Do I have any rights to try and get money back on the chassis only or is selleng an improper tag an acceptable loss. Stuff happens to racecars, I know that and if you people tell me just to keep quiet, then I will. Im Canadian and the seller is in Texas.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar

racecar

Please put this up in scammer section so we can help. Do you have a name or add # :?:

Mark
    Head's up the true drag race!!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    damn..... that sucks..... i wonder if they pulled the tag off another cert. chassis and put it on the terd they sold you :?
    GOOD PARTS AREN'T CHEAP AND CHEAP PARTS ARE NEVER GOOD.........
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lastscan-3.jpg

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    The tag should have a serial number. That could be a way to track back to whoever passed it.

Something you need to watch out for is the temperature they test the car. We had a car fail several years ago. It was winter time We rolled out of our trailer into a shop in the dead of winter. It failed at first. When the car warmed up. It passed.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    The car I have now didn't have a cert. when I bought it. So I bought a sonic tester before I bought the car and checked it first.

TS1955

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    I have the paperwork from the place that did the cert with numbers and the inspectors name and have contacted IHRA but have not heard back from them in a week.I didnt post in the scammer section beacuse I dont want to lable any body.Im not the type of person to sue anybody but maybe ask a lawyer about getting a proper chassis. I need to hear from IHRA to see if the tubing walls are the same for them as it is for NHRA before I do anything. This posting was looking for advise more than anything. I still have a long cold winter to deal with before racing starts.I apreciate your help guys and I think i will keep looking for a chassis and hope to find a better person on this site when I buy.