Shipping to Queensland,Australia-HELP?

Old 01-14-2011, 07:28 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Shipping to Queensland,Australia-HELP?

I have a Complete BBC Upper Cylinder Head Package F/Sale on the Classifieds.
Heads,Intake,Complete Roller cam Kit,V/Covers,P/Rods,Jesel Belt drive,Lifters,Rockers,you know thw WHOLE Deal!
Paul from down under wants this Stuff,and of course NEEDS it Shipped?
I shipp stuff almost Daily,but Never across the Pond?
Figured 2-Boxes.Heads in 1 and all other stuff in the Other?
So i go on UPS Quote and put 90lbs and 24 x 12 x 12 and its says 754.37 to Ship this 1 box.NOW thats CRAZY!!!
ANY Dealers got some Help for me,cause I'm sure He wont spend 11-1200.00 for Shipping on 3 Grand worth of Parts?

H E L P ME,Please?
THANKS!
Greg :shock:
231 690 5075
[email protected]
Old 01-14-2011, 07:35 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Shipping those type of heavy items, I'd build one wooden crate to hold it all. Glued and screwed with a 'seal' on the lid. Safer and sturdier and easier to NOT loose. Gonna be manhandled quite a bit I'd think. Might be cheaper as a single crate......
Old 01-14-2011, 07:57 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I shipped a set of Indy heads for a big block mopar to Australia a year ago took them to UPS and they helped me package them, The guy got them in great condition :!: :!: You have to watch the weight too heavy they won't take it :!: :!:

Mark
Old 01-14-2011, 08:38 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

It is a lot cheaper through the USPS but you will have to do the heads as two package's and the rest in another and it is 7 to 10 day's but will be so much cheaper .
I use them a lot.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:01 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Shipping?

Just Checked USPS?
1-50lb Box,24 x 8 x 10= 260.00
At that RATE,He will be in the 700.00 -750.00 Range?
And I'm NOT sure about Him,but there NO Way in THIS Lifetime,I would Drop that Kind of Coin on Shipping?
But,then again?
Maybe these Parts are NOT Avalible down there?
Its still a Smokin Deal,since I have way Over 4 G's just in the Cylinder Heads.
Thanks!
G :shock:
Old 01-15-2011, 05:39 AM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Shipping

Maybe you should just wait on a buyer in the USA. If it's a good deal, it will sell here too, I would think. I know that doesn't help Paul, but you could have more liability shipping overseas than here if something happens during the transaction you can't control.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:40 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Any of those hardcore gearheads over the pond(EU and Oz) are STARVING for good ol' USA parts. Not that it's an opportunity to 'rake it in'(unethical as heck) but that they are WILLING to pay whatever it costs.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Pdmracing
CRAFTSMAN

He is what what I tell all my salesmen,
You arent your customer, Just because you think its nuts , the other guy may think its a bargain! As long as you are up front & they want to buy it sell it.

I ship a lot of JUNK overseas, & I do mean junk, I shipped a spun fiat crank to some guy in spain , it cost 185$ plus duty charges to ship a part I had on ebay for $60!!! he paid three times the cost of the part & was very happy. I couldnt understand it but who am I to wonder why?
I just shipped a small 14$ part to Belgium for 38$???!!! he wanted a tracking number & was willing to pay for it. Crazy? sure but he must of wanted it bad.

Aussies seem to have a lot of money right now & I ship quite a bit of stuff to them lately , but mostly low weight items.

I have had good luck with fed ex in the us for big high weight items but have not checked on overseas, might be worth a call.

Please let us know what the final costs were, I m very interested to find out.