Just want to Thank Racingjunk!!

Old 01-13-2011, 07:15 PM
ChevyzZz
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Just want to Thank Racingjunk!!

I am 24 years old I have a fiance of 9 years and 2 small boys. We are a good ole fashioned type family that try our best to do right by anyone and everyone in our power...ANYWAY...

I traded off my first NICE "worth something" truck for a 1989 short box that had some nice paint, posi, lot's of custom work done..etc..Well, I traded off a 1991 W/T V6..for this V8 short bed low rider style truck...Not one week after making my first "wheel and deal" The motor blew in it. Wrist pin came out and gouged up the already .060 over 305 cylinder wall. Needless to say it scrapped the motor. I spent the last year and a half building a 355 with every last spare Penny I could get. My fiance graduated college and we got her our nicest car ever (outside of old cavaliers & S-10's) an 04 grand am...

Well after all of this I went out and got me my nicest "daily driver" ever, a 1995 Tahoe...2 days after having it, Tranny went out..LITERALLY another 24 hours after the transmission was rebuilt....Crank went out & the motor...Unrepairable.

SO, the 2 month old motor HAD to come out of my "street rod" and putt in to my Tahoe. & now my short box was left in the drive way AGAIN with no motor, no money, & little to NO motivation to do it all over again. On TOP of that, My fiance's car was stolen and totaled just after the motor blew in the Tahoe.

Well to my point, I putt it on RacingJunk in hopes that someone would want to do something with it and give me enough money for a down payment on a car/suv for my fiance..That did NOT happen..BUT I was given a pretty nice turnkey 1981 Camaro that needs just a little TLC.

Not sure if this is exactly a success story YET...but I am in good spirits after the awaited trade that took place this morning.

So...I just wanted to Say thank you to the RacingJunk staff, admins, folks that created it..etc...everyone...I appreciate your services!!

Thanks, Ryan

Sorry for the life story..lol..Guess I just wanted to get all that off my chest and tell it in a POSITIVE way instead of a negative one for once...Thx for anyone that took the time to read it as well.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:39 PM
ChevyzZz
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

The New Camaro!

[img]

1995 Tahoe, Pro-Comp suspension, 355ci Still finishing up the motor swap. Bought it for $2,000.

[/img]
Old 01-13-2011, 07:42 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

sorrry about the string of bad luck but at least it looks like your getting things back on track
Old 01-14-2011, 01:37 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

X2, hope it continues in a positive direction.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:01 AM
ChevyzZz
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Appreciate it. I'm hoping things turn up or keep turning up myself. It all started when I got laid off..I was a CNC machinist for about 4 years. Laid off for a year or so, called back to work only to be fired a few months back. Not worth dwelling on.

I don't have a garage, and I live in Michigan. So I REALLY need this snow to go away so I can start doing something with this new car. Thanks for posting guys.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:44 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I hope this year is better for you.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:38 AM
ChevyzZz
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

One more on the sympathy card..lol....I have been living on my own since 12. I know that seems a bit far stretched. But I moved from home to live on a farm to get out of the bad situation. Parents didn't care much, So I did. I've lived with them one year since that time (at 14-15). What I'm saying is, This up hill battle has just been the story of my life. But When your young you tend to look past the battles and struggle into having fun, & life not being SO bad. And I must say, That has changed an awful lot.

Thanks guys for the replies. I kinda wanna erase and start over with a "lets see the projects" kind of post and leave it alone. LOL
Old 01-14-2011, 02:11 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I hope you get a million miles out of the new Camaro.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:34 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

I hope things keep getting better for you.

Which part of Michigan do you live in?
Old 01-14-2011, 03:46 PM
ChevyzZz
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

SW Michigan. Couple Miles from the Indiana state line. Thanks guys.

I drove it for the first time today...Seems to not have very much power. But I don't think it's the motor, either the rear end or the transmission. I think it's the stock tranny & I KNOW it's the stock rear..So we'll see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -