camaro 2.8 to 350 swap ''HELP''!!

Old 01-05-2011, 07:08 AM
gatormcclusky
SHOW GUEST

Default camaro 2.8 to 350 swap ''HELP''!!

i got a 84 camaro. it had a 2.8 in it. im wanting 2 put a 350 . do i need 2 change springs, cause of added weight? do i have 2 change motor mount location? it has a borg warner 4 spd. also what about headers? ive noticed they arent easy 2 find or maybe im not lookin in the right place ..i did find out that a 4.3 or 4.6 bellhousing would work.... any response would be appreciated!!
Old 01-16-2011, 08:20 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

did the same with my 87 camaro....... took out the 2.8 and put a 350 and 400 turbo tranny. i like my cars lower so i left the stock springs and it worked fine. i got tired of looking for headers for it so i just massaged the ports on a pair of gm stockers and they sounded and worked great it was my daily driver so not sure about drag performance
Old 01-16-2011, 08:29 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

gator how many time you gonna ask and get the same answers this is like the 3rd or forth time youve posted this guestion in various forms are the answers not what you wanna hear . its a camaro engines swap out v-6 for v-8 makes sure you have a flywheel for the 350 and new clutch ect and yank the freaking v6 and drop the dang 350 in done deal. takes a day if you go slow