Had lunch with some RJ friends today

Old 12-29-2010, 02:55 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Default Had lunch with some RJ friends today

Had lunch with mopar1968 and his wife and dragonmaster093. What a great bunch of people, to drive 2+ hours from thier home to meet with us in North Carolina. It was a very good time we talked for almost 5 hours.
Got to finally put faces with names. Thanks again my wife and I really enjoyed every minute. It was the best part of our trip.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:06 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

glad you guys had a great time 8) this year I met a couple of guys at drag race expo from here. was hoping to do the same next year but they canceled the show.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:16 PM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

I deal with a lot of customers on the phone. Some I've never met. And it is nice to be able to put a face with a voice. I've only met 1 RJ member and it was Josh Vanhorne at the races. So it is good to meet people you only know as a screen name.

TS1955
Old 12-29-2010, 04:56 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

sounds good beast, lot of good folks on here, its nice to break
bread with them and get together, good day :wink:
Old 12-29-2010, 09:20 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Had lunch with some RJ friends today

Originally Posted by BEAST477
Had lunch with mopar1968 and his wife and dragonmaster093. What a great bunch of people, to drive 2+ hours from thier home to meet with us in North Carolina. It was a very good time we talked for almost 5 hours.
Got to finally put faces with names. Thanks again my wife and I really enjoyed every minute. It was the best part of our trip.
Beast,
Thats KOOL!
By the Way,THANKS for the Link!
But.I already have a T/Ram set-up.
Later
G 8)
Old 12-29-2010, 09:33 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Mike we enjoyed every minute. Folks if you get the chance to meet two fine outstanding people like Mike and his wife don't pass it up they are great :!: Thank you Mike

JMO Mark
Old 12-30-2010, 03:54 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

mike it was worth every minute of the drive to meet you and your wife and i had a blast. you guys are the greatest
Old 12-30-2010, 08:29 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

i must say that since we are being refered to as "good ol' boy click" the 1st of the "rj ol' boy click click" meetings was a smashing success lots of bench racing swapping of idea and general knowledge swaped. and since im prolly the youngest of the "ol'boys" gae some input on stuff i knew asked on other stuff and sat back and learned mostly. and ill tell everyone this much its the most fun a bunch of near strangers can have
Old 12-30-2010, 02:34 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

sounds like a dang good day!!!!!,there are some very good people who enjoy hot rods and race cars and trucks
Old 12-30-2010, 03:52 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Wish I could have Made it but It was a haul for me 4-5 hour Ride.

I have had the chance to meet with Ken Rutledge and have lunch with him a few years back..back when I was in the fuel business and as a Pro-mo we wrote off a sponsorship to Ken for a drum of VP Methanol...Ken is the owner of Motorsports Village....Also Oboob some of you may or may not remember him...anyhow I been to his house and met him several paces and he purchased about 10 drums of Alcohol from me...he was hell of a bracket racer drove a nice rail dragster

I sold A 406ci Engine to chris Bowtie4542001..he came to my old house when the engine was still in my 67 camaro..my little girl was just a couple months old..Cris borught his wife and two daughters..He paid me like 700/800 down and I held the engine for him for a few months until he came back to get it..since then he has been to my new house he brought his younger daughter with him..He also brought his car and enclosed trailer and I helped him drop in the distributer and wires and fired it up..we ate supper at the house and he left.

Tom ( Topsportsman) and I have been talking on the phone for 8 years...he is like a brother to me...Anyhow I plan on flying up an spending a few days with him as soon as some more snow gets on the ground..we gonna do some snowmobiling..

sorry so long but these guys are worth mentioning.

glad you guys had some Fun and Yes we are a tight circle of Good ole boys !!!

PS...I do have Mike, Clara,Phoebe and Brooke on my fireplace mantle !!!!!

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -