sb2.2 manifold

Old 12-23-2010, 09:07 PM
ima400
APPRENTICE

Default sb2.2 manifold

hi guys just woundering if any of you know where i could find an dominator flange manifold to suit sb2.2 heads , i have a real nice manifold already (nascar ) but would like to try one with a bigger plenom . & has anyone tryed this & if so what gains did they make if any .

from OZ
cheers chris
Old 12-30-2010, 10:30 AM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

If you have an intake matched for your heads have the flange welded up to work, no Dominator as cast intakes as of yet except the M&M tunnel ram. What are the specs on your engine?

Here are some links to pictures.

Tunnel ram, cast Dominator top can be purchased.
http://1320techtalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1362

Some modified cast intake pics.
http://1320techtalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1799
Old 12-30-2010, 10:33 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

any good welding shop should be able to take a flage off another inatke and yours and weld it up for ya
Old 12-31-2010, 05:43 PM
ima400
APPRENTICE

thanks guys , for now ive bolted an adapter on & clover leafed it ,& blended it . seems to work realy well . just woundering if anyone had done a baccb to backon a dyno to see if there is much in them . ( value for money )

my combo has a set of JGR heads & manifold . 415 cui wet sump made 830 hp on its 4 pull took it of . will chase it at the track , do you think that is decent power , pro systems carb on C14 plus

cheers chris
Old 12-31-2010, 07:49 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

How big is the Dominator? We built a 447 and a 461 ci both with SB2 heads, both made more power and quicker ET the bigger we went, a 1250 was the fastest. For the 461 I have a 2962 Edelbrock with an adaptor, and a 691 modified for a Dominator. I did not get any usable info on the change, I broke a cam. Hope to get it together in the next month.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:22 PM
ima400
APPRENTICE

its only a 1050 , do you think i should try bigger dont forget its only 415 cubes
Old 01-01-2011, 10:43 AM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

While it is smaller than mine, you have an advantage with SB2 heads over most other heads. The average airspeed at peak airflow in those heads is higher than you will find than almost any other head. This keeps the air velocity though the carb higher keeping the fuel suspended better, and the metering signal is stronger to atomize the fuel leaving the booster better. We put a 1300+ CFM BLP carb on mine on the dyno and made a little more than my 1250. And the gains were not just peak HP, they made more from below peak torque. As long as you have enough gear and converter if it's an auto, and the chassis can handle the power that should transmit to ET gains. I would look to borrow a carb to try before you buy if you can, you might be surprised.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:40 PM
ima400
APPRENTICE

thanks mark

i have,nt bought a carby as yet for that reason . i have a few mates with big blocks ( 555-632 ) im sure they have some thing that will give me a guide . car is only back half so will see how it goes . thanks again.

cheers chris