Project motor swap

Old 12-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Default Project motor swap

Once Im all healed up, I plan on swapping motors in my Comet. Currently It has an LT1 fuel injected stock motor making about 270hp. I dont like the look and sound of the LT1, as well as the lack of after market support. So, I decided to put my built 355 small block in the car, the motor makes about 400-425hp at the flywheel and has a nasty sounding cam in it. I like the look of the old school hotrod motor under the hood.

This is the motor that is going in the car, I decided to dress it up a little. I put a new timing chain cover, new valve covers,SS bolt kit going on, polished water pump, Gilmer drive pulley system for the mean look and whine. Eventually I plan on putting on the Professional Fuel injection system that looks like a carburator but gives the car the drive ability Im used to now. I can tell you that this little small block shakes my house when I start it. Should give the comet the sound and fell it deserves.

Still a few things to clean up on it..
Old 12-18-2010, 06:20 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

hey julian if you feel charitable yous can send that motor to me as a christmas gift(lol) would wake up my 88 formula firebird
Old 12-19-2010, 06:09 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
hey julian if you feel charitable yous can send that motor to me as a christmas gift(lol) would wake up my 88 formula firebird
Sure no problem, Ill have my wife deliver it.... :wink:
Old 12-19-2010, 08:46 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Now I am a Chevy guy, but if it were me I'd put a Frrrd motor back in it. I just prefer same make motor in an old classic car. I know, I know I'm just saying what I prefer.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Now I am a Chevy guy, but if it were me I'd put a Frrrd motor back in it. I just prefer same make motor in an old classic car. I know, I know I'm just saying what I prefer.
I would put a Ford motor in it, however I like my cars to start when I get in them. :P

The frame of the car was built with SBC power in mind, so I would rather keep the Chevy Theme. Plus I love the pissed off look of the Ford guys when I pop the hood.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:51 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

either that or you can buy my bird and put motor in for your wife its a t-top car
Old 12-19-2010, 07:58 PM
tcarda
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by Julianthe3rd
I would put a Ford motor in it, however I like my cars to start when I get in them. :P

The frame of the car was built with SBC power in mind, so I would rather keep the Chevy Theme. Plus I love the pissed off look of the Ford guys when I pop the hood.
LMAO!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:50 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by tcarda
Originally Posted by Julianthe3rd

LMAO!!!
Yeah Im telling you, when I pull up at the cruise nights youll see all the guys near Fords come flocking over at first and checking out my car and all the "ooohhhs, and ahhhhhss" until I pop the hood..LMAO, then you see them all walking away literally shaking their heads..F'ing priceless!!!

I call it "a Ford done right"...
Old 12-20-2010, 11:32 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I know what you mean. I'd trade it for a chevy car and just stay away from those frrd people all together. You could always hang out with the Dodge folks. Some of them are OK. Lol.