Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BBC lifters

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

BBC lifters

What BBC solid roller lifters are good these days? What are you using? Thanks

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE BEAST477's Avatar
    I'm running the Isky EZX lifters .904 lifter bore. These don't have the needle bearings. I've run them two seasons so far probably a little over 100 passes with no problems.
    I know there will be others that will say they are too expensive but when I was building my engine most others were having problems at less than 50 passes.
    BEAST477

Only a rich man can afford to use cheap parts.

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/177549

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAST477
    I'm running the Isky EZX lifters .904 lifter bore. These don't have the needle bearings. I've run them two seasons so far probably a little over 100 passes with no problems.
    I know there will be others that will say they are too expensive but when I was building my engine most others were having problems at less than 50 passes.
    X2 on Isky. They invented the roller cam didn't they?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE oldandtired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabbit
    Might be wrong, but I think Chet Herbert did it in 1949
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldandtired
    And he got it from the airplane industry and applied it to automotive use.

Curtis

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldandtired
    I forgot who it was. My first roller cam was a Herbert. Almost stock motor with a BIG roller. It was a Ford so not like it was gonna be fast anyway. lol Kidding. I loved that old 460 and it's still running after 20 years.

Mine are CRANE Ultra Pro. probably made by morel or someone else iduno. they were like $514. Hammertime had a place to get good lifters cheap but forget where it was.

stay away from comp. heard too many horror stories. I also had one come apart early but might have been due to me setting lash too loose.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE BEAST477's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod74
    Mine are CRANE Ultra Pro. probably made by morel or someone else iduno. they were like $514. Hammertime had a place to get good lifters cheap but forget where it was.

stay away from comp. heard too many horror stories. I also had one come apart early but might have been due to me setting lash too loose.
    Yeah Tod the Crane Ultra Pro's are what I was gonna get originally till a friend had some that were starting to spread at the axle at 26 passes. The earlier ones were OK as another friend had over 550 passes on his. Most of the problems were in 2008 when I was building my 540. Your's are probably the earlier ones.

Hammertime runs Morrel lifters I believe.
    BEAST477

Only a rich man can afford to use cheap parts.

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/177549

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    We lean towards the .904 lifters in most of our appications and with the bigger body, axel and bigger wheel is a win win situation.

When running the bigger wheel you should let your cam grinder know as most .904 rollers have a .810 wheel compared to a .750 wheel on the .842 lifters.
    WWW.CNCBLOCKSNE.COM
    IS A DIVISION OF
    HINKSON AUTOMOTIVE
    RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT

CARL HINKSON 207-892-7215
    EMAIL [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Tod74

Yeah Tod the Crane Ultra Pro's are what I was gonna get originally till a friend had some that were starting to spread at the axle at 26 passes. The earlier ones were OK as another friend had over 550 passes on his. Most of the problems were in 2008 when I was building my 540. Your's are probably the earlier ones.

Hammertime runs Morrel lifters I believe.
    I built mine in early 2007. I hope I got good ones .