Got the 'BRICK' up on jack stands,

Old 12-05-2010, 05:01 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Got the 'BRICK' up on jack stands,

..all the H2O drained, radiator out and ready for warmer temps to tinker !
Not doing anything major this winter, mostly additional safety stuff and fine tuning what's there. Hope to get accepted into the Boise Roadster Show in March '11 and do some racin' next summer !

Will be also working on a customer's 90 Ranger combo truck ( street legal road racer, pavement hill climb, drag, open road race ) 500 horse 351, trick mushermatic/paddle shifter, 9" with fully adjustable rear suspension, Heidt's front suspension, 4 wheel discs. Gonna be a fun car. It's been a fun BUILD !!

What's ya'll doing on your hot rods this off season ?

Any new projects ?
Old 12-06-2010, 12:07 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Well from what it is looking like I might be getting a new project car for after I am done here in Afghanistan. Currently I have a 55 Chevy Series One Pick-up and so far it is going in the wifes and I favor of getting a 69 Camaro to build. I will prolly have more details coming up in the near future.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

D/D:

Sounds like fun... do you happen to remember the old commercial for the Chrysler Doba that said it had "Rich Corinthian leather" ??? I just thought of that the other day. I figured I would ask you seeing you ya have one. Lol.

Going to freshen up the L30 & keep her pretty much stock (it is 275HP) & I will get maybe 25 more inconspicuous horses from her to get to 300 maybe. might put in a HD clutch & new front springs & a few bushings too.

Thanks to Tod74 & some people at Chevellestuff/Team Chevelle, I have pretty much de-coded this car... she is a good one too. Factory Muncie 4spd trans, matching # 327/275, Buick interior, 3:36 rear & a few other neat things... I found a Soft Trim Broadcast sheet that links the options/motor to the car & Vin too. for being 42 years old, the sheet is in pretty good shape. Scoot
Old 12-12-2010, 06:21 PM
prowagon55
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Well i came home from the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals in Rosemont IL on Sunday night Nov 21st with the 55 Chevy and put it down for a cold winters nap and yesterday pulled the motor out of my 56 Chevy just ahead of the arctic blast that hit here last night and today. Melted a piston and the head on our last run at the track in October. That will be my project for this winter. If i sell my AMC Spirit i'm thinkin on a new blown small block for the 55.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I bought some corvette valve covers and timing tab on ebay. Gonna instal those this winter if I have the money to make the neccesary chassis/safety upgrades.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:51 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
D/D:

Sounds like fun... do you happen to remember the old commercial for the Chrysler Doba that said it had "Rich Corinthian leather" ??? I just thought of that the other day. I figured I would ask you seeing you ya have one. Lol.

Scoot

Hey Scoot, I'm afraid the original 'Corinthian Leather ' has been replaced with 200 mile an hour Naughga.....hyde