Upset about false listing.....

Old 12-03-2010, 05:58 PM
sextonracing88
SHOW GUEST

Default Upset about false listing.....

I am outraged!!!! We traveled from Alabama all the way to Dallas TX expecting to bring the race car described in ad # 2014140 only to get there and find out that we had been lied to about the car. A friend of the family is selling the car for them. She says the car ran 5.60's in 1/8 mile. We talked to the owners son, who was the last to drive the car, and he said the best time the car has had was in the 6.30's in an 1/8 mile. Also, before we got there, this car had not been cranked, according to the son, since August 2009. The car was leaking oil and transmission fluid. The fuel pump was froze up but they did correct that problem while were were there. The tires look pretty good. The electronics in the car (transbrake, shifter, etc) is not wired up. The son was shocked to find that this lady they called a friend had been lying here on racingjunk. Is there an email address to file complaints against people like this?

****all of the above is from our personal experience and information received from the son of the car owner. None of this is hear say!
Old 12-03-2010, 06:01 PM
sextonracing88
SHOW GUEST

Default Re: Upset about false listing.....

newest add # is 2051711
Old 12-03-2010, 06:13 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Just checked both ads. Looks like they stroked it between ads it gained 57 cubes. I sent them a message to stop in here with their side of the story.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:39 PM
TreeHanger
SHOW GUEST

Default Nothing (except we got the pump working) is true

The owner's son did not say anything except that he was grateful that we were taking the time and effort to help sell his fathers's car. He helped find the original paperwork and the car had a time slip that read 5.65 and the last dial in was the same. This was on gasoline. We stated in the ad and on the phone that the electronics was NOT hooked up but was there for anyone who wanted to do it. We told him that we did not know what he had done with the Holley Annihilator and found the book later. The car had the rev limited set for 2500 so it would not rev up without getting on the limiter. We were totally honest with the information we had. When we found more paperwork, we changed the ad so it would be more accurate. This is a great car and deserves to be owned by someone who understands that a race car is a race car.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:43 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Thank you treehanger for coming on here and telling us your side ok Sexton next :!: :!: JMO Mark
Old 12-03-2010, 06:49 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

HUmmmm, it is a good looking car in the Pics,,, But with the Owner passed away.. WHOOO knows what it really has for a motor. its kinda that, well we was told it had a bla bla bla,, or my buddy said it had a ?? whom every buys it, should be informed that you do not really know what it has in it, and it is a buyer beware sell, and it is a where is, as is sale., no warranty. the only guarantee is , that its a race car and a trailer, that way the buyer cant say,, well you said it runs 5.60s or bla bla bla,, oooh and its suks that you traveled that distance, only to be let down,, on a bummer deal..
Old 12-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I understand your issue is "false advertiseing' and I understand...

BUT
As long as the motor trans and rearend are good, that car is worth 12 grand any day of the week.

6.30's in the eighth puts that car in the 9's in the quarter. You won't find a 9 second car,with a trailer, for 12 grand turn key too often.

JMO
Old 12-04-2010, 04:59 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

X2..I would agree.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:23 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Did it run 6.30??
Old 12-07-2010, 03:45 PM
TreeHanger
SHOW GUEST

Default Mustang info

The car has run 6:30 and the last dial in was a 5:65. It has not made a pass on alcohol so all the times are on gasoline. We made several improvements to the car in the last few years, that is why it speeded up on gasoline. there are videos available showing the car running that the owner's son can provide. He was driving the car when it ran the 5:65.