Bad Deal with RADIALRACER

Old 11-26-2010, 04:34 PM
alloyd
SHOW GUEST

Default Bad Deal with RADIALRACER

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/4...75-R60-15.html

Called an personally spoke to Kurt Butler about buying his new drag radials and magna fuel fuel pump,,, made a deal, at XX.XX $$$ He said sending a personal check was fine check was mailed that day...got a message the next day says he sold to someone else local for cash.

Be very aware if you are out of state dealing with RADIALRACER

Very disappointed in the lack of honesty in some people.
:evil:
Old 11-26-2010, 04:58 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Is he planning on sending you back your check? Do you have it back already? Just curious.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Well it is hard to turn down cash when you don't know for sure the check will be coming or if it will be good once it gets there. Keep in mind,he doesn't know you from ADAM.

I'd be mad to if I was you but I can UNDERSTAND taking the cash.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:49 AM
alloyd
SHOW GUEST

Well he took cash for only half the deal and ended up losing the whole deal over it. not very smart of you ask me.

Yeah I got the check back - the day after I stopped payment on it.

it was just shoddy the way I had talked to the guy and he and i made the deal over the phone. I understand not knowing me from Adam, but then again nobody one here knows anyone from Adam really, so if you don't plan on keeping your word on here when making a deal, don't post your stuff for sale on a site like this one. that's no excuse for not keeping your word.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:09 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Now ''Tod'' a deal is a deal, I would have given time for the check and for it to clear :!: I am holding a intake right now for a guy, When his check clears i will send intake.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:37 AM
vegaracing2
JOURNEYMAN

I agree when a person makes a deal he should honor, what he should of done is waited on check to clear the bank and to tell the person who payed cash to wait a few days and then check back to see if he still has them, doing a bad deal will bite you in the but later on.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
Now ''Tod'' a deal is a deal, I would have given time for the check and for it to clear :!: I am holding a intake right now for a guy, When his check clears i will send intake.
I understand that, and I agree. 100%

Just playing Devil's advocate I guess. Not everyone honors their word. It goes both ways. Just because a guy says he is sending the check don't mean he will. I bought a flexplate shield from a member here last year. I told him I'd take it and that I'd send him a money order. Some things came up and I could not send it right away. Now,this wasn't advertised on RJ he was just helping me out cause he knew I didn't have ANY shield on my trans at all,so I didn'ty cost him a sale as he told me no hurry/rush etc. I did end up buying it but it was a while after I told him I was sending the money. I am not a liar or a crook,but something came up.

My ONLY point is, you never know if the other guy will hold his end up. I am not saying it is ok to sell it once a deal is made,it's not. But not everyone sees it the same as we do.
gmanxss
SENIOR BUILDER

I WAS RAISED TO BELEIVE THAT WHEN A PRICE WAS AGREED ON AND A DEPOSIT MADE, THE ITEM WAS SOLD. THIS IS THE WAY A MAN DOES BUSINESS. KEY WORD HERE IS MAN.
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by vegaracing2
I agree when a person makes a deal he should honor, what he should of done is waited on check to clear the bank and to tell the person who payed cash to wait a few days and then check back to see if he still has them, doing a bad deal will bite you in the but later on.
agreed