Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only a car guy.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Only a car guy.

A friend was at my house recently. I was telling him about an episode if "The Walking Dead". They knocked the window out of a new Challenger, got in and hot wired it. They proceeded to drive it around town with the alarm going off to distract the zombies.

I said "Like you could hot wire a new car. Much less drive it. The alarm system would probably lock it up".

Then it dawned on me. I'm watching a show where people die then their corpse comes back to life and eats the flesh of the living. Yeah, that is plausible. I can believe that story but don't let them hot wire a car because that makes it unbelievable? :roll:

I'm always watching the cars in movies. If a movie is set in a certain time period, I'm checking to see if the cars are the correct years.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR bixblk's Avatar

car guys

I do the same ,in fact about 17 years ago I was picked to go to a commercial sceening. It paid 50.00 each person and dinner. My wife and I went (100.00) (2 dinners) I am a cheap SOB, Anyway I watched a tenative commercial and gave my opinion and in my comments I mentioned they did not have a period correct car on the street,it was shot New Years day 1970 and they had a 72 chevelle on the street. After that I got a call, they asked a few questions. Shortly after that I was a regular with the sole responsibility to try and find more "errors" in the autos on these commercials. I did it about a year than the office closed ,no more dinners or gas money. Just recently I think I saw an error with the Dwayne Johnson (the rock) Movie coming out. It was a quick glance and a couple of coronas ,,,,,but it may have a "confused" chevelle 70 back 71/72 front or vice versa. Let me know if you guys catch it. Or I am losing my mind ??????????

MANY people have the opinion that the Chevelle that never was built that should have been was a 70 chevelle doghouse with the 4 round tail lights of the 71-72. I'm one of them. Love the front of a 70 but don't like the rear bumper and I'm the opposite with the 71-72. I own a 72.

Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion
    yep....same here. 8)

yep some onescrewed the perverial pooch on that one but a could swap out clips if he wanted too i do believe
    CRIMEDOG
    Sam Wood

That would be one to watch to see if all the stunt double Chevelles are set up the same way.

if we were on the chevelle forum, they would be voting to throw us all out for all this crazy talk. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
    if we were on the chevelle forum, they would be voting to throw us all out for all this crazy talk. :lol:
    Just from that video clip someone over there would say " PFFFT.That thing has the wrong shifter ball and a repop grill"

Was thinking about going over there and starting a thread about how bad a stock 400cid block sucks :lol: