pricing cars and parts ???

Old 11-14-2010, 12:06 PM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default pricing cars and parts ???

i am finding it even more present lately that cars more often than parts dont have a price? [ parts too]\ if it is a trade offer a price often may help give guidance to the looker. we have had this subject posted before but has it slipped away?. i am not shopping at this time but always looking for the unexpected deal of the day> but without a price how do we expect to find this sale or to sell a part or vehicle? guessing at a price isnt a very good thing when usually waiting on a reply anyway. i sell at meets and find that price saves you and the shopper time. if i am looking to bull crap , i just stand up and there is always a great story to listen to or be told!!!!!!! do we display or sell ???? / it may be just up to the person listing the ad? wonder what the percentage of listings do not have a price ??? ******* just food for thought ******* not looking to stirr up crap but i think that perhaps you may get more responses from possible buyers if they knew the price range they are looking at?. if nothing else, 'over price' the darn thing if you want to display it and not sell it. dont forget to pray for the troops and those abroad, but mostly pray for the needy >you may just be in their shoes one day needing prayer! better than nothing rod shop!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I would not even contact a seller that didn't have a price listed. not a chance.I see this on CL often as well. No price
Old 11-14-2010, 12:28 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Same here, no price no call
Old 11-14-2010, 01:42 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Prices

Not as Much on the Parts,but the CARS.......................?
99% of Them ARE PRICED 2x's ther Realistic VALUE!!!And,Gets WORSE Daily!
Later
G :?
Old 11-14-2010, 01:54 PM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default price

i didnt want to go there about crazy prices but here it is !!!!!!!!!!! i would love to get 2 times the actual vehicle value but i am aware of the times , let alone a common car at an uncommon price. anybody want to buy a grabber maverick for 10000.00 dollars i have 5g in it !!! any takers? i know what you have spent and what you ask should be close but what if you overspent?? can we pass that on? maybe not put a price and hope for the best?? i dont know but was looking in the ads and found more non priced items than priced? ill shut up now and take my abuse!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: price

Originally Posted by edsrod
i didnt want to go there about crazy prices but here it is !!!!!!!!!!! i would love to get 2 times the actual vehicle value but i am aware of the times , let alone a common car at an uncommon price. anybody want to buy a grabber maverick for 10000.00 dollars i have 5g in it !!! any takers? i know what you have spent and what you ask should be close but what if you overspent?? can we pass that on? maybe not put a price and hope for the best?? i dont know but was looking in the ads and found more non priced items than priced? ill shut up now and take my abuse!!!
I have never expected to get anywhere close to what I spent when selling a hot rod or parts. At least in my world it don't work that way....wish it did. I won't pay much more than half of new price for a used item,unless my best friend or father bought it new and I know 100% of it's history.

jmo
Old 11-15-2010, 01:10 AM
nova72
JOURNEYMAN

Default price

cash price is one and then trade price is double. barrett jackson comes around and price goes even higher just 2 cents worth
Old 11-16-2010, 04:06 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Priceing

I find most often when the buyer doesnt list the selling price he wants too much for it & knows it..I buy alot of parts off this site But seldom respond to an ad with no price..For all sellers,Its eaiser to post your asking price & let the buyers decide instead of them contacting you..I for one post my prices & ofcourse even if they are low I get offers,you can always say no but first you have to get them interested & looking..JMO
Old 11-16-2010, 07:01 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

What about photos? When you are going thru the listings and you see an ad but no photo are you more inclined to skip it?
Old 11-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
What about photos? When you are going thru the listings and you see an ad but no photo are you more inclined to skip it?
I am inclined unless its something I REALLY need and then I will ask if they have any pics. I believe the more detailed photos the better!
Just so you know there is a way to put more photos on your ad then the standard 24 allowed. I learned it from listing stuff on craigslist. I didnt think it would work over here till I tried it last week!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -