Does the asking price of this car offend anyone else??

Old 11-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Default Does the asking price of this car offend anyone else??

I found this funny when I came across it. a 1967 Chevy Impala SS, nothing special,no rare one off car, not owned by Elvis or Michael Jackson, nada, nothing special. This dealer is asking $75000 for it!!! I had to contact them and ask if they are smoking crack and am awaiting their response. I dont care how much money was invested in it its not worth $75000 in my opinion. Perhaps if it was a 63 Split window, or Yenko, or a rare big block Camaro or Vette it would be justified. But I just think this type of pricing is completely out of line. Anyone with me on this?

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/cl...rsationId=3694

I had to contact the guy to see if it was a Typo, and this is the reply I Got:

Dear Julian,
Thank you for your interest in the 1967 Impala SS coupe.
I am sorry I did not respond to your previous email. I did not think you were interested, just commenting on what you thought was an amazingly high price.
Yes, the price is $74,500.
The car belongs to a friend of mine, and we did a full, two year, frame-off restoration, with extensive modifications, in my shop at a cost of over $125,000.
We are now building another car for him, and he asked me to sell the Impala so he could put some of that money in his new project.
Cars of this quality have sold at Barrett Jackson and other auctions for $100,000 plus.
However, the market for muscle cars has softened a bit in the last 2 years, and my friend has lowered the price to $69,500.
Please visit my web site below for over 50 detailed pictures, and call me if you have any questions.
Thank you.
Take care,
Carlo M. Connors
Connors Motorcar Company
1239 Hamlet Hill Dr.
West Chester, PA 19380
(610) 505-8612
www.ConnorsMotorcar.com

I honestly dont know what offended me so much about this, I guess its just my dislike for car dealers in General. Im sorry, but I dont see where they spent $125,000 restoring that car..Even if the body work was $25000 where did the other $100,000 go??

How do you guys feel about this?
Old 11-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Doesn't offend me at all. He can ask whatever he wants. It's a free market. I think he is asking more than he will ever get,but that's his prerogative I suppose. Now if he were selling something people had to have, like food or gas etc, and he was the only seller around and was taking advantage,/price gouging, then that would make me angry.

jmo
Old 11-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Big409
CRAFTSMAN

Default Re: Does the asking price of this car offend anyone else??

Originally Posted by Julianthe3rd
I found this funny when I came across it. a 1967 Chevy Impala SS, nothing special,no rare one off car, not owned by Elvis or Michael Jackson, nada, nothing special. This dealer is asking $75000 for it!!! I had to contact them and ask if they are smoking crack and am awaiting their response. I dont care how much money was invested in it its not worth $75000 in my opinion. Perhaps if it was a 63 Split window, or Yenko, or a rare big block Camaro or Vette it would be justified. But I just think this type of pricing is completely out of line. Anyone with me on this?

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/cl...rsationId=3694

My Dad use to tell me Mom wanted him to sale the car at one time and he told me he priced it so high no one wanted it. So he kept it.

I had to contact the guy to see if it was a Typo, and this is the reply I Got:

Dear Julian,
Thank you for your interest in the 1967 Impala SS coupe.
I am sorry I did not respond to your previous email. I did not think you were interested, just commenting on what you thought was an amazingly high price.
Yes, the price is $74,500.
The car belongs to a friend of mine, and we did a full, two year, frame-off restoration, with extensive modifications, in my shop at a cost of over $125,000.
We are now building another car for him, and he asked me to sell the Impala so he could put some of that money in his new project.
Cars of this quality have sold at Barrett Jackson and other auctions for $100,000 plus.
However, the market for muscle cars has softened a bit in the last 2 years, and my friend has lowered the price to $69,500.
Please visit my web site below for over 50 detailed pictures, and call me if you have any questions.
Thank you.
Take care,
Carlo M. Connors
Connors Motorcar Company
1239 Hamlet Hill Dr.
West Chester, PA 19380
(610) 505-8612
www.ConnorsMotorcar.com

I honestly dont know what offended me so much about this, I guess its just my dislike for car dealers in General. Im sorry, but I dont see where they spent $125,000 restoring that car..Even if the body work was $25000 where did the other $100,000 go??

How do you guys feel about this?
Old 11-06-2010, 06:43 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by Tod74
Doesn't offend me at all. He can ask whatever he wants. It's a free market. I think he is asking more than he will ever get,but that's his prerogative I suppose. Now if he were selling something people had to have, like food or gas etc, and he was the only seller around and was taking advantage,/price gouging, then that would make me angry.

jmo
X2 I agree 100% Tod
Old 11-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by Tod74

jmo
I see your point, I just kind of felt insulted as a car guy.Like this guy was trying to pull one over on people. But I guess your right, to each their own..
Old 11-06-2010, 08:03 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

looks like a 25k to maybe 30k car to me,, oooooh i bet it has a corvette motor !!! thats why it 75k LMAO...
Old 11-06-2010, 10:33 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Nope...let him spend his advertising money try to sell a car that nobody in there right mind buy.....his loss
Old 11-07-2010, 01:49 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Well, there is one positive way to look at it. If he gets anywhere near his asking price it makes my junk worth that much more. :lol:
Old 11-07-2010, 04:34 AM
contagious
MASTER BUILDER

Default car

have sold at Barrett Jackson

There's the problem,everybody that has a pile of rusting junk in their backyard,think it's worth 100,000 because they saw some fat guy on Barrett Jackson buy one.!! :shock:
Old 11-07-2010, 04:39 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

well i guess i,m showing my age, but i can remember when those were new, you could have gotten close to an acre of them for that price, that being said, there is somebody out there, that has just got to have the car, and will drop the cash.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -