Possible Scam?

Old 10-27-2010, 02:27 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Possible Scam?

Im not sure about this one but recieved a call yesterday from what seemed to be an elderly lady looking to purchase a set of 400 pistons I have posted.She called several times wanting to use paypal Vice Moneyorder,I finally told her I would accept paypal & gave her my paypal address & for a set of pistons I have posted for $250 shipped she sent me $375?? Heres where it gets strange--it states the funds are on hold until the 29th? She then calls & I told her she overpaid for the parts,I was only asking $250..She then tells me she sent the money to the wrong person(me) & wants me to refund her the money thats never really been posted in my acct?? Now im no Rocket scientest but if I do that & her money never posts Im out $375? I cant imagine having my mother order a set of pistons for me & she tells me she hasnt a clue as to what they are????Has anyone had this happen before? Thanx Wayne
Old 10-27-2010, 04:12 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

SCAM!!!!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-27-2010, 04:25 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

X2...SCAM !
Old 10-27-2010, 08:20 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

X1,0000 SCAM wait till it posts then send back if it dont clear then there is nothing to send back imo
Old 10-27-2010, 09:19 AM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

For sure. I think you can remove the word "Possible" from the title.....How can people be that crooked?
Old 10-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

This is a more simplistic version of the scam where they say "they are from another country & they will send you like 10K more" & then they want you to deposit it in your bank (because they can do it in their country) & then you are instructed to give them some of it back.... but you keep a handsome tip. something to that effect...

This granny is a seasoned scammer who knows what she is doing. I guarantee she is a leather-faced criminal who does this all the time on her phone in her trailer... while huffing on a fat cigarette in between soap-operas & bingo parlors.... she has no soul.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:40 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

I would sit back and make for sure, that the money clears first, before i did any refunding..
Old 10-28-2010, 02:49 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Cancell

I found a way to cancell the transaction on paypal,I also called the # several times to let her know--No answer or return call?? Wouldnt you be in touch with someone that has $375 of your cash by mistake? Thought I had seen it all..No Foul,No Harm but Ive been doing business on here since 2003 & believe me Ive been had several times..Gotta get alittle smarter over the years..I really see how this could work with a non suspecting good person dealing with what sounds like an elderly lady..I know for a fact theres some stupid people in this world but theres also some very smart ones thats born natural criminals & are very good at it...If you dont think shes made money on this scheme,Think again...
Old 10-29-2010, 06:49 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

ooooh yea. just a side note. i had sold a hayabusa on E-bay a while back. when the funds came to me thru PayPal. it was on hold, soooo I called Pay pal, And they told me it was because he was from another country, or his paypal Acct was not attatched to his checking acct, so it would take 10 to 15 days to clear, and for me to hold the bike untill it cleared, { witch it did the 15th day } just my 2 cents worth..
Old 11-04-2010, 05:43 AM
backyardcar
SHOW GUEST

I think it is a way of life for some.In the END they will get whats coming to them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -