Race Trailer? or not?

Old 10-25-2010, 08:25 PM
kc8yhk
SHOW GUEST

Default Race Trailer? or not?

so here is my problem. My wife races, I have a gooseneck deckover trailer we haul her truck on (04 dodge ram 2500). AND we have a 31 foot travel trailer, I can't tow both at once so I have to track down a friend that can tow the camper for us. While that is good and all we want to hit up some tracks next year that are further away than whats local around us

So I got to thinking and figured we could sell the trailer and the camper and buy a race trailer with living quarters. Are race trailers big enough to handle a full size truck? especially the weight of a diesel truck.

Right now her truck sits 6 feet 4 inches tall and weighs in at 6,800 lbs. we do have plans of lowering the truck and stripping out the interior, exhaust, and bed liner, and removing the spare tire, and replacing the bumpers with something more light weight.. that should shed a few pounds.

Here is the truck in question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kas4ihlbKBw

We hope by spring this truck will run high 11's on fuel only with the current mods we have planned

Oh and if anybody wants to TRADE a race trailer for an 08 Jayco booked at $19k hit me up!

Thanks!
Mike
Old 10-26-2010, 05:07 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Just a thought. Trade your camper in for an older RV. Tow your race truck with the trailer you have. RV's make great towing vehicles but you should get a diesel and beef up the hitch. Might find one pretty cheap now a days.
Plus you guys could camp with the RV when your not racing too.

Impressive truck and cool video
Old 10-26-2010, 06:52 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

get you a good diesel truck, a 9ft camper and a 20ft equipment trailer